Job Location: Durham, NC 27560
Job Number: 32311
Are you a Jr. GIS Analyst interested in global sustainability? If so, let’s talk!
Our client is seeking a Jr. GIS Analyst to work at their location in RTP, NC. This is a 6-month contract position with potential for extension or direct hire.
The selected candidate will join a team servicing digital tools with GIS related needs. This is an opportunity to make an impact in a research organization that is dependent on spatial data and be a pioneer in the use of enterprise GIS for research informatics and agriculture.
- Create, acquire, and update GIS data
- Create and update GIS metadata records
- Assist and or lead in the design of data development workflows
- Create Python Scripts to enable automation of GIS data production activities
- Perform manual and automated data QA/QC
- Test application enhancements
- Document procedures and processes
- Execute data management plans
- Provide support to team members as well as participate in larger vision discussions providing support in the conception, construction, implementation and testing of GIS databases, applications, and production systems
- Keep abreast of GIS technology and trends in the GIS community
- Participate in requirements gathering and design meetings
- Attend status meetings as required and present on task/work progress
- A.A./A.S. or B.A./B.S. Degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography or related
- 2+years’ experience working with GIS applications
- 1+ years’ experience with Python
Competencies and Skills:
- Experience with geodatabases
- Experience with GIS Desktop Tools
- Great analytical skills
Job Requisition # 32311
APC believes that the workplace should be fun and enjoyable. Join our team today and ignite your career!
Company – Staffing – 501 – 1000 employees
APC is a professional services organization focused on engaging people and positively impacting lives. We offer excellent benefits and the opportunity for longevity, working with our premier fortune 100 clients. As professionals serving professionals, we take pride in providing our employees with the highest level of customer service and support, creating meaningful, fulfilling and rewarding experiences every day.
Company Website: https://www.apcinc.com/
Similar Jobs :
- GIS Technician
- Manager: Geographical Information Services (Portland)
- Postdoctoral Researcher: Remote Sensing of Peatlands
- Lead GIS Developer (Taunton, England)
- GIS Manager – Associate Professor or Professor