- Company: TomTom
- Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Job Description (Sr. GIS Engineer):
We’re mapmakers, providing location technology for drivers, carmakers, enterprises and developers.
Our highly accurate maps, navigation software, real-time traffic information and APIs enable smart mobility on a global scale, making the roads safer, the drive easier and the air cleaner.
Headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in 30 countries, TomTom’s technologies are trusted by hundreds of millions of drivers, businesses and governments worldwide.
What you’ll do:
- As a Sr. GIS Engineer you will be working with a team of skilled, innovative and passionate engineers in creating cutting edge software solutions for creating and maintaining digital maps.
- You support the team in creating breakthrough solutions, advancing agile development principles and improving engineering practices.
- You are responsible for the successful creation of ground-breaking software solutions, while delivering customer value, with high quality along with continuous personal advancement.
You are asked to deliver the following
- Understanding stakeholders’ requirements and translate them into concrete cross-platform architectural solutions.
- Support development teams with expert technical guidance, predicting, identifying, assessing and solving application related issues.
- Assist in creating and reviewing product design documents to ensure compliance with architecture standards.
- Define internal standards and solutions for own field of expertise and focus on creating cross-platform architectural solutions
- Promote improvements for software development practices, processes and standards with consideration of quality, innovation, and productivity.
What you will need
To be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind: (Roles & Responsibilities)
- Min. 5 years of experience in GIS based Application Software Development.
- Proficient in Java, J2ee, Python, PostgreSQL.
- Experience in handling Web and Android based application development and deployment is must.
- MAPS and GIS knowledge is Mandatory.
- Knowledge on cloud computing with AWS/Azure and MongoDB is a Plus point.
- Good technical writing, reporting & communication skills.
- A motivated self-starter, independent as well as a good team player.
- Analytical skills, problems solving with strong exposure to root causing tools and techniques and ability to come up with win-win solutions in complex business situations,
Meet your team: MAPS Product Unit
Part of TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit, the Maps product unit is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining this product unit, you can help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
- Geospatial Bill of India 2022
- Tripura University: Junior Research Fellow
- Government Vacancy: Project Officer (GIS)
- Analyst, Geo Analytics – GAMMA
- Technical Assistant