- Organization: Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
- Bangalore, India
- New Delhi, India
Job Description (Geo Analytics)
WHAT YOU’LL DOAs a part of BCG’s GAMMA A&S team you will work closely with consulting teams on a diverse range of advanced analytics topics. You will have the opportunity to leverage analytical methodologies to deliver value to BCG’s Consulting (case) teams and Practice Areas (domain) through providing analytics subject matter expertise, and accelerated execution support.
You will collaborate with case teams to gather requirements, specify, design, develop, deliver and support analytic solutions serving client needs. You will provide technical support through deeper understanding of relevant data analytics solutions and processes to build high quality and efficient analytic solutions.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
Work with case (and proposal) teams
- Executes & delivers original analysis and insights to case teams, typically owns all or part of an analytics module and may be integrated with a case team
- Establishes credibility by thought partnering with case teams on analytics topics; takes positions and draws conclusions on a range of external and internal issues
- Communicates analytical insights through sophisticated synthesis and packaging of results (Including PPT slides and charts)
- With consultants – collects, synthesizes, analyzes case team learning & inputs into new best practices and methodologies
Work with topic and sector teams
- Contributes to development of new topic and sector-related analytics products based on repeated case team requests
- Collaborates on PA intellectual capital development such as internal investments in industry and functional research/publication
- Assures proper sign-off before uploading materials into Knowledge Management; sanitizes confidential client content in marketing documents
- Develops topic and sector content related to analytics case work or Practice Area meetings and trainings
- Experience with multiple analytics methods (one or more required
- Data management skills (e.g. data modeling, data integrity QA/QC)
- Geospatial data visualization and analytics (specialties such as cluster detection or geo- statistical methods)
- Spatial-temporal analysis (cartographic animation of time-series data)
- Network analysis (location-allocation, OD matrix, travelling sales person, vehicle routing problem)
- Catchment area analysis, customer segmentation and targeting
- Experience in core analytics methods (one or more of the following):
- Geo coding & geo referencing
Knowledge of open source & proprietary geo analytics data sources
- Geographic cluster recognition
- Data manipulation techniques (Knowledge of SAS, SAS EM or Alteryx will be a plus)
- Network analysis (location-allocation, OD Matrix travelling sales person, vehicle routing problem)
- Spatial-temporal analysis
- Familiarity with analytics tools (one or more required)
- GIS toolkits (ESRI, Quantum GIS, MapInfo or similar)
- Advanced Excel/Tableau/SQL/Python
- Alteryx, including geospatial types and functions
- Knowledge of Llama soft/SupplyChain Guru a plus
- Remote Sensing
- You will be a clear and confident communicator, able to deliver messages in a concise manner with strong and effective written and verbal communication.
Communicating with confidence and ease
- You should be strong in analytical solutioning with hands on experience in advanced analytics delivery, through the entire life cycle of analytics. Strong analytics skills with the ability to develop and codify knowledge and provide analytical advice where required
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Undergraduate degree in a field linked to business analytics, statistics or geo-statistics, economics, operations research, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, or related field is required; advanced degree is preferred
- At least 2-3years of relevant industry work experience providing advanced analytics solutions and around 1-2 years of consulting experience
YOU’LL WORK WITH
Our data analytics and artifical intelligence professionals mix deep domain expertise with advanced analytical methods and techniques to develop innovative solutions that help our clients tackle their most pressing issues. We design algorithms and build complex models out of large amounts of data.
Bangalore, New Delhi
YOU’LL BE TRAVELLING
YOUR EMPLOYEE TYPE IS
YOUR JOB TYPE IS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONBCG GAMMA A&S combines innovative skills in computer science, artificial intelligence, statistics, and machine learning with deep industry expertise. The BCG GAMMA A&S team is comprised of data engineers, data scientists and business consultants who specialize in the use of advanced analytics to get high-impact business results. Our teams own the full analytics value-chain end to end: framing the business problem, building the data, designing innovative algorithms, creating scale through designing tools and apps, and training colleagues and clients in new solutions. Here at BCG GAMMA A&S, you’ll have the chance to work with clients in every BCG region and every industry area. We are also a core member of a rapidly growing Digital enterprise at BCG – a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches, data, and technology.
WHO WE ARE
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we work closely with clients to embrace a transformational approach aimed at benefiting all stakeholders—empowering organizations to grow, build sustainable competitive advantage, and drive positive societal impact.
Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives that question the status quo and spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting, technology and design, and corporate and digital ventures. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, fueled by the goal of helping our clients thrive and enabling them to make the world a better place.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
- Geospatial Bill of India 2022
- Tripura University: Junior Research Fellow
- Government Vacancy: Project Officer (GIS)
- Analyst, Geo Analytics – GAMMA
- Technical Assistant