- Company: CSTEP
- Location: Bengaluru or Noida
Role Overview (GIS Analyst)
We are looking for multi-skilled candidates with a quantitative background for this role. The GIS analyst will be primarily responsible for discovering patterns and trends through spatial mapping, developing GIS-based applications and tools, and managing a digital library of spatial and non-spatial data.
· Analyse spatial data through the use of mapping software and design digital maps.
· Collect relevant spatial data according to project requirement.
· Perform Python scripting for processing big data analytics.
· Discover patterns and trends through spatial mapping of data.
· Design digital maps with geographic data and other data sources.
· Generate different data types that support web applications.
· Create “shapefiles” to merge topographical data with external data by layering external data over a topographical map.
· Produce maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of data, including wind and solar resources.
· Develop mapping applications and tools.
· Convert physical maps into digital forms.
· Perform data munging and cleaning to bring it into the desired form.
· Produce reports on geographic data, using data visualisations.
· Manage a digital library of geographic maps in various file types.
Qualifications & Experience
· Master’s Degree/Diploma in Geoinformatics, Geography, or a related field.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in the area.
· Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R, or Python.
· Expertise in mapping tools such as QGIS, ESRI Suites and Image Processing Software.
· Experience in processing Lidar data sets.
· Ability to automate GIS processing, using any scripting language (Python or R).
· Proficiency in database management (using SQL, PostgreSQL and Excel).
· Experience with GPS measuring tools.
· Outstanding quantitative skills.
· Good problem-solving skills and an analytical mindset.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, and technical documentation skills.
How to apply
Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Application: GIS Analyst” and attach a copy of your updated CV, as well as a cover letter.