- Company: Cyient
- Job Location: Hyderabad, India
- Job Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Job Location: London, United Kingdom
- Job Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Job Description (GIS Enterprise)
Cyient is hiring GIS Enterprise/Solution Architects to join our international team of GIS system integration specialists. We’re hiring people with the skills in four specific domains, but if you have experience in a domain not listed, we may still want to hear from you:
- Communications (fixed and wireless)
Your role will be to guide customers through their GIS transformation project by designing and overseeing their new and improved architecture. You’ll be responsible for ensuring all systems connect together seamlessly with good quality data and a scalable architecture. You will need to own the overall architecture and be able to efficiently and clearly articulate your vision to the development teams as well the customer and other senior stakeholders. You need to be comfortable working alongside the client in their offices but also good at working remotely.
- 5+ years of GIS enterprise architecture experience.
- Work in an Agile and fast-moving environment (Scrum experience desirable).
- Expert in capturing customer needs and turning these into a well-defined architecture.
- Confident with your opinion and ability to guide customers through complex decisions based on value creation and efficiency.
- Great a documenting, sharing and communicating your technical strategy, vision and roadmap.
- Running collaborative workshops for understanding and agreeing user requirements.
- Able to quickly appreciate, understand and implement customer requirements.
- Work with the Product Owner to turn ideas into working solutions.
- Experience of working with local, remote and offshore development teams.
- A subject matter expert with a global perspective, identifying solutions and driving continuous improvement.
- Experience with Enterprise GIS solutions such as Esri and their full product offering (desktop, server, web and field)
- Experience of combining GIS platforms with other enterprise platforms and Geospatial data, such as:
- Geospatial data: GIS, Imagery (aerial and imagery), Lidar, UAS, Mobile Mapping.
- Comms: SAP, IBM Maximo, 3GIS, Forsk Atoll etc
- Utilities: SAP, Schneider Electric, ADMS, OMS etc
- Mining: SAP, Oracle Primavera, Arvizio etc
- Government/Infrastructure: SAP, Salesforce, AutoCAD, MicroStation
- Experience with emerging and disruptive technologies is highly desirable, for example:
- Artificial Intelligence/Deep Learning frameworks (TensorFlow, Pytorch, CNTK, Caffee, etc)
- Big Data (Databricks, Kubernetes, Azure data lake/data factory, etc)
- Sensor data expertise (Lidar, SAR, Optical) and building big imagery ETL pipelines
- Ability to analyse and document the customer’s current architecture and understand how to mitigate the risks of a system upgrade of migration.
- Strong experience in Data Warehouse ETL design and development, methodologies, tools and best practices.
- Experience with and a passion for automation.
- DevOps Experience, including code pipelines and automated testing.
- Hands-on design and development experience with major public Cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS.
- Conversant with microservices architecture, service design and integration patterns using RESTful services.
- Strong understanding of GIS data, data models and GIS database management.
- Responsible for leading the design and support of enterprise wide business intelligence applications and architecture.
- Works with enterprise wide business and IT senior management to understand and prioritize data and information requirements.
- Solves complex technical problems.
- Optimizes the performance of enterprise business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index that add value to the user.
- Creates testing methodology and criteria.
- Designs and coordinates a curriculum for coaching and training customers in the use of business intelligence tools to enhance business decision‐making capability.
- Develops standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure and attributes of the business intelligence tools and systems.
- Develops data/information quality metrics.
- Researches new technology and develops business cases to support enterprise wide business intelligence solutions.
Skills & Experience
Architecture Strategy, Enterprise Cloud, Enterprise GIS, Enterprise IT, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), GIS, GIS Applications, IT System Architecture, Spatial Data Management
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.