- Location: Navi Mumbai, India
- Company: Arcadis
Description (Senior GIS Consultant):
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets.
We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate more than €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
Overview Of The Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior GIS Consultant – someone who is passionate about the potential for using GIS and Geospatial technology on projects to deliver value. You will need a proven track record of using the ESRI product suite and experience of data management, processing, analysis, and interpretation. You will have the ability to work effectively with other team members, contributing to final deliverables. Communication and internal / external engagement skills along with being able to present complex technical issues in a clear and logical way are essential.
Delivering GIS work on UK projects
Liaising with internal clients and the UK GIS teams
Undertaking GIS mapping, analysis, data capture, data management and geoprocessing
Analysing and developing GIS databases
Working with the Project GIS team to deliver GIS deliverables to tight deadlines.
Undertaking quality control of GIS work undertaken by other GIS staff
Contributing to the technical development of the GIS team through sharing ideas and innovations
Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis.
Minimum Academic Qualifications & Certification:
• Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as GIS / Geoinformatics or Engineering / Computer Science / IT or Earth Sciences with 8 to 12+ years of experience in GIS.
• Demonstrable post-graduation in a similar position
• Significant experience with ESRI suite i.e Desktop: ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, QGIS Web: ArcGIS Enterprise / Portal, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, Web App Builder / Experience Builder, Operations Dashboard. Apps: Collector for ArcGIS / Field Maps, Survey123. Extension: Network Analyst, 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst.
• Experience creating, publishing, and managing map services.
• Geoprocessing with ESRI Model Builder.
• Excellent technical skills in ESRI’s ArcGIS Platform (Enterprise, Online), Database Management with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and PostgreSQL. Enterprise geodatabase design, developing SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, web GIS services, software issue tracking, diagramming in Visio.
• Experience in developing field applications for mobile data collection using Collector, Survey123.
• Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
• Experience with Python 2.7 and 3.X with proprietary / open-source Python modules or libraries: ArcPy, ArcGIS Python API, Pandas, Numpy etc.
• Display characteristics of a strong consultant as a team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter that takes initiative, flexible with a client success mindset.
• Experienced to develop, train, and mentor junior technical staff.
• Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to discuss projects with clients, and internal team members, as well as excellent writing skills by producing concise and readable documents.
• A strong drive and interest to learn new technologies quickly.
• Experienced working with ETL processes and data management using FME Desktop.
• Understanding of web technology REST, JSON, HTML, CSS, XML, ASP.Net, PHP etc.
• Working knowledge of Deep learning / Machine learning modules in GIS a plus.
• Develop BI solutions using Power BI.
About the team
We are Arcadis. The leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Our focus is on client success, our people, sustainability, integrity and collaboration. If you are interested in harnessing your GIS and Geospatial skills to improving the quality of life and being recognised as the best, then we’d like to hear from you.
What We Offer
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT and Race.
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.