- Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Job type: Full-Time
- Company: Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- Contract: Regular/Permanent
- Reference Number: IN51527682_E1
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1400 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries. (Project Manager – GIS Installation)
- Responsible to co-ordinate with GIS installation team and factory team to solve problem during execution.
- Closely work with product technical teams to investigate root cause of technical problems and clearly distinguish problems related to HAPG and problem caused by customer / site execution team.
- Co-ordinate with site team to gather test reports and make final report to customer
- Interact with customer in kick-off meetings, progress review meetings and address topic related to GIS site execution.
- Order new / missing material in SAP with correct technical specification and release for purchase.
- Ensure materials are delivered to site on time to enable site team to start the work without delay.
- Proactively engage with GIS project managers and obtain relevant drawings and documents related to the site and conduct kick-off meeting with INOPC engineers before they start travel to site.
- Safety – Understand and follow ABB OH&S procedures and guidelines.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Min 5 years’ experience in GIS installation management or Installation & Commissioning.
- Sound knowledge of working with MS office tools (Word, Power point, Excel and MS project.) and SAP.
- Proven experience in resource planning with team a of at least 10 resources.
- Experience in engaging with multiple teams to gather project data for planning and reporting.
- Good knowledge on site HSE requirements.
- Ability to summarize meeting outcomes.
- English: fluent in speaking and writing.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
- West Bengal Map
- Geospatial Intelligence and Machine Learning Applications in the Air Force: An In-Depth Analysis
- Honorary Doctorate – ‘Dr’
- Share your Current location with Friends