|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Company||Hitachi ABB Power Grids|
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation. (Associate Project Manager – GIS)
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1400 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Defines jointly with project controls / project operations, sales and engineering teams all project plan documents, including scope and financial plan, schedule and risk & claim management plan.
- Leads Project team, establishes the project execution approach and overseas project handover, execution planning and monitoring and control of both internal and external resources to accomplish all project goals.
- Review of Contract receipt from sales.
- Develop project schedule and freeze with respective stakeholders (internal and external).
- Preparation of project specific risk and opportunities management plan.
- Preparation of project wise master document list.
- Coordination for Engineering drawing approvals.
- Coordination with Engineering and SCM to place order on sub supplier for material procurement.
- Coordinate with feeder factories for production plan and follow up on production progress.
- Coordination on Stage inspections (if any).
- Coordination with LPG for material readiness and completion of FAT.
- Issuing purchase requisition for packaging company.
- Follow-up on material shipment, material receipt at site and acknowledgment from sites for submission of milestone billings (if any).
- Coordinate with stakeholders for Installation, testing and commissioning at site.
- Closely coordinate and document change requests related to project scope and get approvals for time extension, additional cost etc.
- Project handing over, as-built drawings, commercial closure etc and collection of PAC, close out of snags & FAC.
- Payment follow up with customers.
- Adhere to the project management processes in the organization.
- Ensure implementation and compliance of OHS group guidelines.
- Ensure Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s integrity guidelines are followed in the team.
- Ensure IS security policy is followed in the team.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Min Experience of 10 years in execution Substation/GIS projects or order handling in any of power system OEMs with a min of 4 years in leading projects and ability to work in ERP environment.
- Strong technical knowledge is a must.
- Preference will be given to those who have completed PMP.
- Should possess strong leadership skills and ability to convince stakeholders in the interest of the project.
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver the projects with time, cost and quality.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
- West Bengal Map
- Geospatial Intelligence and Machine Learning Applications in the Air Force: An In-Depth Analysis
- Honorary Doctorate – ‘Dr’
- Share your Current location with Friends