- Organization: Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
- Location: western Canadian offices in Vancouver, BC, Smithers, BC, or Calgary, AB.
Job Description (Staff Environmental GIS Specialist)
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social, and sustainability consulting services. We are currently seeking an entry-level Environmental GIS Specialist inone of our western Canadian offices in Vancouver, BC, Smithers, BC, or Calgary, AB.
The ideal candidate is an organized professional with self-initiative, a positive team attitude, technical aptitude, creativity and flexibility to help our global business deliver to our demanding clients. The successful candidate will be confident, solution-oriented, and able to communicate efficiently with technical professionals. Strong verbal and written communication skills are therefore essential for success in this role. This is a full-time, permanent position.
• Develop high-quality maps and figures for use in technical reports and public engagement.
• Responsibly maintain complex spatial databases.
• Prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Communicate effectively with the GIS team to coordinate tasks and balance workloads.
• Design bespoke cartographic or technical mapping solutions for internal clients based on assessments of requirements.
• Conduct fieldwork with ERM teams in all regions of Canada when needed.
- Specialized diploma or training in Geographic Information Systems and/or geomatics. A Bachelor of Science degree is an asset.
- Proficiency with the full ESRI suite of GIS software, including ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Online.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Demonstrated skills in cartography and database management.
- Positive, professional and team-oriented attitude with meticulous attention to quality and detail.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to meet project requirements with work occurring outside of business hours from time-to-time.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, juggling multiple deadlines and to manage time effectively.
- Strong commitment to safety culture and demonstrated ability to follow health and safety procedures.
- Available and willing to travel and conduct fieldwork in remote locations across Canada. Must possess valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Power solutions such as Power Automate and PowerBI.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational database management systems.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a team member, supporting team members with work commitments.
- French or Spanish language skills an asset.
- Experience in the natural resource extraction industry.
- Experience with ATVs, boats and 4×4 vehicles.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in Canada
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai
- GIS Jobs in Jaipur
|Job Category||CAD, Geo-informatics, Geomatics, RS and GIS|