- Organization: Corteva Agriscience™
- Work Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Job Description (Geo-Spatial Data Analyst):
- The Geo-Spatial Data Analyst is responsible for bringing geo-spatial data and analytics solutions to farmers and stakeholders by exploring and utilizing different analytics tools and techniques and beining down solutions to stakeholders and end users.
- We are looking for multi-skilled candidates with a quantitative background for the position of Geo-spatial data analyst.
- Geo-spatial analysts are responsible for discovering patterns and trends through spatial mapping, developing mapping applications and tools and managing a digital library of geographic maps in various file types, among other duties.
- Geo-spatial analysts will need to explain geographic trends and findings from their analyses to clients, requiring excellent written and verbal communication.
- Identifies and prepares geospatial data for use in applications and processes, using relevant techniques for data conversion and scientific knowledge, i.e. photogrammetry, mapping, remote sensing, topography, geocoding.
- Uses computer tools for the preparation and maintenance of various types of maps, including geospatial software (Esri, open source, among others)
- Manages and documents (metadata) geospatial data sets assembled from different sources in accordance with geospatial information governance and quality standards.
- Translates detailed programming specifications into executable code using approved development tools and programming standards.
- Designs, builds and maintains geospatial applications and visualizations of geo-spatial data (including web applications) that provide functionality to internal and external users.
- Performs unit and functional testing using specific test procedures to ensure compliance with design specifications and optimal performance.
- Power BI knowledge is strongly preferred.
Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in computer science, geography, surveying, engineering or related field.
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R or Python.
- Experience with mapping tools such as ArcGIS, QGIS and Carto.
- Experience with GPS measuring tools.
- Outstanding quantitative skill set.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience holder (1-2 years) in geo-spatial analysis field will be preferred
- Tripura University: Junior Research Fellow
- Government Vacancy: Project Officer (GIS)
- Analyst, Geo Analytics – GAMMA
- Technical Assistant
- Research Officer/Senior Research Officer