- Organization: Idox Group
- Job Location: Pune, India
About the role (Data Consultant)
With the success of our specialist Development and Testing activities based in our Pune office and ambitious growth plans to triple our number of employees in India in the next 18 to 24 months, we are recruiting for a number of Data Consultants to join our Public Sector delivery team, based in Pune and the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic and self-motivated data migration specialists to join our expanding Data Transfer team. Knowledge of relational databases and skills in Oracle and/or SQL Server and MS Access are core to this role. In particular, we are looking for confident, self-starting individuals who are ambitious, well networked and have the confidence to solve data problems and advise our customers, as necessary. Training and further development will also be given.
Idox will provide resources, mentoring and a competitive package (including flexible working), designed to reward success as you achieve your own professional development goals. As we are growing the team, we welcome applications from candidates qualified by experience – from any suitable Data background – with a passion for good data management and great hands-on skills.
To apply, you should already be able to write a Technical Mapping document for a business area, advise clients when data scoping or running workshops, and be able to manage extraction and migration projects confidently and to time and budget. This is an ideal role for Data specialists who have already gained credible Data consulting experience and who will enjoy being part of a professional data consulting team, expecting to work to a high degree of accuracy. We hope you will thrive in a fast-paced, highly organised environment and enhance your consulting skills as you learn with Idox.
• Manage the extraction, transformation and transfer of Idox customer data to and from various systems and products
• Advise clients during data scoping exercises, data workshops or consultancy sessions
• Become a key member of the team that will help drive Idox to a better standard of extractions and service to the customer
• Completion of data transfer projects to agreed timescales. Escalation of time-critical issues to prevent project creep
• Liaison with Idox Project & Product Managers on issues relating to data transfers
• Writing bespoke scripts for use with Idox software products
• Full documentation and tracking of project work to Idox quality standards
• Escalation of time-critical issues to prevent project delays and scope creep
• Application of quality control and quality assurance measures to data transfers as undertaken. For example, post load checks and testing.
• Achieving SLAs, adhering to procedures and documentation as set out by Idox and/or clients
• Additional responsibilities related to the function as and when required
• This role has a 70% utilisation target.
To be successful, you’ll need to bring:
We are hoping to hire at least 4 Consultants with a good working knowledge of some or all of the following:
• Oracle SQL and database structures. Able to query data.
• PostgreSQL and Postgres database
• SQL and SQL relational databases. Transfers of Idox customer data from existing systems into SQL Server
• Competent user of MS Access
• Confidence in troubleshooting, identifying data anomalies and problems
• Testing and documentation
• Window batch scripting
• User Acceptance Testing (UAT) support.
Additional useful qualities:
• Ability to write test plans
• Confidence in report writing in business English.
- Geospatial Bill of India 2022
- Tripura University: Junior Research Fellow
- Government Vacancy: Project Officer (GIS)
- Analyst, Geo Analytics – GAMMA
- Technical Assistant
|Job Category||RS and GIS|