- Organization: CSIR-NIO, GOA, India
- Last date of Application via email: 17th October 2021 ([email protected])
Job Description (Senior Project Associate):
CSIR – National Institute of Oceanography, a constituent national laboratory of Council of Scientific & Industrial
Research Institute (CSIR), invites applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of the following project
staff (Senior Project Associate), purely on a temporary contractual basis to carry out research work on the R&D project and to be engaged in NIO Head Quarters, Goa.
- Project Title and Vacancy Details:
- Geo-Morphological studies and EIA/EMP for the sand mining clusters of Rivers in Goa Part-2
- Vacancy Code: GAP3338/2171-21
- Tenure: 6 Months
- Salary: Rs.42000/ Plus HRA as per rules
- Age: 40 Years
- No. of Post: 01
M.Sc / M.Tech / in Geoinformatics / Remote Sensing / Geography / Physical Oceanography / Oceanography
/ Marine Science with minimum 4 Years of research work experience
Desirable Qualification & Job Requirement:
Experience in satellite image processing and analysis through ERDAS, ArcGIS, QGIS, etc. Publications in SCI journals.The selected candidate needs to assist the Project Leader in satellite image processing and analysis, preparation of project reports, and scientific publications. Any other assignment for the fulfillment of the project targets.
*Upper Age Limit not exceeding as on the last date of receiving the applications i.e. 17th October 2021
How To Apply:
Eligible candidates should email the scanned copies of the following documents to [email protected] latest by 17th October 2021. Applications received after the last date and without the below mandatory documents will be rejected.
All the documents including application form to be made SINGLE PDF File in the following order and to be sent to the mentioned email address. The complete fille should be saved with the candidate name and to be sent. Individual PDF files will not be considered.
(I) Scanned copy of the duly filled-in application form, given at the end of this advertisement.
(II) Scanned copies of
a) CV/Bio Data with recent color photograph
b) Educational Qualification Certificate as mentioned in the advertisement essential qualification /
Semester Mark sheet or Final Mark sheet is compulsory. Along with this, Degree Award Certificate or Provisional Award Certificate . Percentage or CGPA should clearly displayed on any one of the certificate. If certificate doesn’t have proper percentage / CGPA / Grade then the application may not be considered. The candidate must ensure to provide proper certificates to ensure their eligibility for the said positions.
c) Date of Birth Proof (Any valid certificate having DoB such as SSLC, HSC, DoB Certificate, etc)
d) Category certificate (in case of SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). (If applicable)
e) NET/GATE/SET/Any other Equivalent exam qualification certificate (IF applicable)
f) Experience certificate (Mandatory for the posts where experience is essential qualification)
g) Other certificates, if any.
Mode of Selection:
If number of applications are more, then selection committee will fix a criteria to shortlist the
applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. Selection will be done on
the basis of online interview through either Skype/Google Meet/Zoom or any other suitable
software, as decided by the competent authority.
Applications received after the due date (17 October 2021) will be rejected. The short-listed
candidates will be informed through e-mail/website.
Proposed Date of Interview for shortlisted candidates :
GAP3421/2168-21: 26 October 2021, 10.30 AM Onwards
TSP3414/2169-21: 25 October 2021, 10.30 AM Onwards
GAP3338/2170-21: 02 November 2021, 10.30 AM Onwards
GAP3338/2171-21 : 02 November 2021, 10.30 AM Onwards
MLP2018/2172-21: 28 October 2021, 10.30 AM Onwards
MLP2018/2173-21: 28 October 2021, 10.30 AM Onwards
GAP3337/2174-21: 29 October 2021, 10.30 AM Onwards
*. The above date for interview are proposed date may be subjected to change and (if any) will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates.
Terms and Conditions:
- The engagement will be on purely temporary and contractual basis for the period mentioned in the advertisement. It is exclusively for the above mentioned research work and the tenure shall
be co-terminus with the project duration or till the completion of tenure whichever is earlier.
- The engagement under this project does not confer any right/claim whatsoever either explicitly
or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointments in CSIR-NIO/CSIR, against any post or
otherwise under any legal conditions precedent. It would therefore, not confer any right/claim,
implicit or explicit, on the part of the candidates for regularization/absorption against any post
in CSIR/NIO or under any other scheme of CSIR.
- Performance of the project staff would be reviewed periodically so that any one not found up to
the mark, could be terminated with one month’s notice or one month’s stipend in lieu thereof.
- The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and/or experience shall be the
closing date prescribed for submission of applications . The period of experience in a discipline/area of work, wherever prescribed, should be in relevant area of work/field indicated against such position which shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum essential educational qualifications prescribed for that position.
- The period of experience in a discipline/area of work, wherever prescribed, should be in relevant area of work/field indicated against such position which shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum essential educational qualifications prescribed for that position.
- The students in the final semester and results awaited candidates are not eligible to apply and their applications will not be considered.
- Stipend may be revised depending on the funding agency guidelines issued time to time.
- Candidates should note that non-fulfillment of the eligibility criterion will result in cancellation of candidature at any stage.
- Incomplete applications without proper format and without eligibility supporting documents will not be considered.
CANVASSING IN ANY FORM AND/OR BRINGING IN ANY INFLUENCE OR OTHERWISE WILL BE TREATED AS A DISQUALIFICATION FOR THE POST APPLIED FOR. INTERIM ENQUIRIES MAY NOT BE ENTERTAINED.