- Organization: Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services
- Last date of online application: September 22, 2021
- Advertisement No. : Advt. No. INCOIS/RMT/03/2021
- Post Code: 07
- Name of the Post: Project Scientist – I
- No. of Posts: 30 (Thirty)
- Age Limit: 35 Years
- Consolidated Monthly Emoluments: Rs. 56,000 + HRA
Job Details (Project Scientist):
INCOIS invites applications for the Project Scientist positions from eligible Indian Nationals for preparation of a panel of names for engagement on contract basis against the following temporary positions for one year upon approval of project proposals for 2021-26 by Government of India. The number of positions is tentative and is likely to vary depending upon actual requirement and orders of Government of India.
Masters degree in Oceanic Sciences/ Atmospheric Sciences / Climate Sciences / Zoology/ Fisheries/ Marine Sciences /Meteorology / Oceanography / Physical Oceanography / Marine Chemistry/ Marine Biology/ Physics / Mathematics / Geoinformatics/ Geophysics / Ocean Technology/ Naval Architecture [or] Bachelors degree in Engineering or Technology in Mechanical from a recognized university / institute with at least 60% of marks in the qualifying degree or equivalent.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
Ph.D. in Physical Oceanography / Marine Sciences / Chemical Oceanography / Meteorology/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Geoinformatics / Geophysics/ Mathematics.
Experience in one or more of the following areas
- Ocean observations (in situ, Remote Sensing, ship based), laboratory analysis, processing of high resolution ocean/atmospheric data including bio-optical, physico-chemical & fisheries data, process studies, etc.
- Ocean/atmospheric modelling, model parameterization and data assimilation including ocean circulation, waves, storm surges, tsunamis, tides, oil spills etc for providing operational services.
- Data analysis software (Ferret, python, GRADS, ODV etc.), programming languages (Matlab, C, Fortran, etc.), AI&ML applications, Ensemble techniques, GIS Application development (Arc Engine, ArcGIS Server, open source GIS tools etc.), Satellite Data processing (SeaDAS).
- Fisheries Forecasting/Management (Primary productivity modeling, Ecosystem modeling) and Coastal Zone Management (coral reefs, vulnerability and risk assessment, climate change impacts etc).
- Research Experience proven through reputed peer-reviewed SCI publications.
Responsibilities will include one or more of the following activities:
- In-situ and remote sensing observations.
- Ocean/Atmospheric modeling & data assimilation.
- Quality control and analysis of in-situ and remote sensing data.
- Enhancement of ocean information and advisory services related to
- Marine ecosystem, Ocean State Forecast, Oceanogenic disasters,
- Coastal Geo-Spatial, Ocean Data etc.
- Work onboard boats/ships at sea.
- 24/7 shift operations.
- R&D and teaching activities.
- Any other job that may be assigned from time to time.
Official Notification: Click here
- Geospatial Bill of India 2022
- Tripura University: Junior Research Fellow
- Government Vacancy: Project Officer (GIS)
- Analyst, Geo Analytics – GAMMA
- Technical Assistant