- Organization: Bechtel
- Job Location: Haryana-New Delhi, India
- Type: Civil Infrastructure
- Requisition ID: 235035
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
The web administrator deploys Bechtel project’s GIS functionality over the web and requires a firm understanding of the impacts and security implications of maintaining and operating an ArcGIS enterprise solution. This position requires an advanced level of proficiency and demonstrated experience in ArcGIS Servers, Enterprise GIS geodatabase and spatial analysis using ESRI-based products and open source products. As the Web GIS Administrator, the ideal candidate will be involved in both geospatial web application development and geospatial analysis.
These applications include ArcGIS Web Application Builder, popular applications that can include a variety of media and data formats to present information on a specific topic. A growing area of work within our client is mobile data collection, which will focus on using ESRI’s products such as Survey123 and ArcGIS Collector. Applicant will have some background knowledge on utilizing these mobile platforms as part of a methodology for maintaining geospatial data collected in the field.
The ideal candidate must possess a strong background in GIS using ESRI ArcGIS Map’s available tools including Analysis and Spatial Analyst. Experience using ArcGIS Pro is desired. The Web GIS Administrator must have proficiency working with all geospatial data formats. You will also play a role in developing and/or maintaining geospatial data that is either project/task specific or is a regularly available dataset in our Oracle spatial database. Familiarity in database management is critical to the ongoing efforts to provide relevant data for its users. The Web GIS Administrator should be knowledgeable on databases, schemas, and domains.
. Designs, develops, configures and implements web mapping applications and associated web sites using
web languages to modify existing functionality.
· Performs systems administration functions for web map applications and other technologies that may include GIS services to ensure supported systems are efficiently maintained and available to support Bechtel’s project’s needs.
· Supports and develops field data collection applications with an emphasis on data management and web-mapping development.
· Maintains hardware, software, telecommunications, peripherals, and associated components.
· Automates GIS tasks using GIS programming languages.
· Works closely with Bechtel’s IT team to upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS . infrastructure applications
· Performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
· Performs query, analysis and reporting activities.
· Performs systems administration functions for ArcGIS Servers, Web Services including user accounts, permissions of web mapping applications
· Engages in various project processes involving metadata, spatial analysis, GPS information gathering, data conversions, Geoprocessing, and various aspects of programming requiring use of HTML, Python script, Java etc.
· Consults, as a SME by clearly and effectively communicate technical information to non-technical and technical users.
· Determines technical requirements business processes, tests, debugs, and coordinates the implementation of moderately complex software solutions.
· Troubleshoots issues by reviewing logs, performing data queries, recreating steps & interacting with users.
· Works closely with the database administrator to Integrate geospatial databases with external data sources and establish workflows.
· Develops scripting of GIS-based tools for desktop and web-based platforms
· Works with GIS team and Bechtel’s clients to ensure data quality and completeness
· Documents work processes, instructions and procedures.
· Supports strategic GIS team missions and goals and help guide technical vision
Skill Group Skill Proficiency Level:
Geomatics GIS (Vector & Raster) Analysis Advanced
Geomatics Cartographic Principles Advanced
Geomatics Spatial Systems Administration Advanced
Geomatics GIS Database Management Advanced
Geomatics Engineering Survey Intermediate
Geomatics Global Positioning Systems Intermediate
Geomatics Photogrammetry Intermediate
Geomatics Automation / Programing Advanced
Engineering Understanding of role of GIS in EPC Intermediate
Interpersonal Effectiveness & Self-Management Communicating Effectively Intermediate
Interpersonal Effectiveness & Self-Management Demonstrating Self Sufficiency Intermediate
Interpersonal Effectiveness & Self-Management Managing Meetings Intermediate
Interpersonal Effectiveness & Self-Management Negotiating and Collaborating Intermediate
Direction Planning, Prioritizing & Scheduling Work Intermediate
Opportunity Decision-making and Problem-solving Advanced
Opportunity Managing Process Improvement Advanced
· Must have 10+ years of experience as a GIS Specialist, GIS Analyst, or a related field with demonstrated capabilities in GIS.
· M.A. or M.S. in Geography, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· Must have Experience using the Esri suite of products including ArcGIS Server Advanced or ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Pro, ArcSDE, Oracle Spatial and Python scripting required
· Must have experience in developing web-based GIS applications
· Must have professional IT experience in Windows and Web Servers administration.
· Must have proficiency working with all geospatial data formats.
· Experience of SDE and Oracle Spatial enterprise database management
· Experience of Esri ArcGIS desktop software, including ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro
· Experience with data modeling, data conversion and ETL Software such as FME is desired.
· Experience working with variety of vector and raster datasets from public and private sources
· Experience with license management systems such as FlexLM
· Working knowledge of CAD programs and importing drawings into GIS.
· Knowledge in the use of various software applications including, ESRI applications ArcTools and model builder.
· Experience using Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
· Knowledge of cartographic procedures and practices.
· Knowledge of geography and various methods references common to GIS applications, such as coordinate systems and mapping standards.
· Knowledge of multiple computer operating systems, programs, and architecture
· Knowledge of the principles and techniques of computerized information management, including system design and analysis, programming tools and languages, hardware, software, database applications, and network applications and capabilities
· Knowledge of trends and standards of the computer industry, and relevant local, state and federal regulations
· Knowledge of Internet and worldwide web protocols.