- Organization: Total Infrastructure Management Solutions
- Job Location: Greater Bengaluru Area
We are looking for specialized candidates with a quantitative background for the position of GIS Solution Architect for TIMS, an Oil and Gas consultancy.
Responsibilities for this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Building and maintaining GIS databases, use GIS software to analyze the spatial and non-spatial information with respect to Oil and Gas assets.
- Create and maintain process automation related to data maintenance.
- Complete documentation of GIS datasets and processes.
- Coordination of some short- and long-term enterprise GIS projects.
- Creation and maintenance of web map applications published via ArcGIS online.
- Query, analyze, and prepare statistics on spatial and non-spatial data within relational databases.
- Prepare and execute workflows and geoprocessing models using ArcGIS Model Builder.
- Prepare and execute queries in spatial and non-spatial databases using SQL.
- Interact with outside contractors assigned to a specific project.
- Occasionally conduct presentations on enterprise-specific topics during meetings and conferences.
- Prepare and maintain project status reports.
- Designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources.
- Creating “shapefiles” to merge topographical data with external data by layering external data over a topographical map.
- Converting physical maps into a digital form for computer usage.
- Performing data conditioning and cleaning to convert data into its desired form.
- Produce reports on geographic data utilizing data visualizations.
- Managing a digital library of geographic maps in various file types.
- Degree in Geography / Surveying / Engineering / or related field.
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R or Python.
- Experience with ArcGIS and ArcGIS-Pro.
- Experience with GPS measuring tools.
- Outstanding quantitative skill set.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- 7-15 years of relevant professional experience required.
- Degree from an accredited college or university which has included major course work in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Geography, Urban Planning, Public Health, Natural Resources (analytical focus), Statistics, Information Science, or Civil Engineering.
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals and work under pressure in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Detail-oriented, results driven, accountable and ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management.
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
- Proficiency in authoring Python scripts for automation of routines and geo-processes.
- Knowledge around UPDM integration will be an additional skill.
Perks and Compensation at par with industry standards.
About company: –
TIMS Solutions is an Indian subsidiary of Total Infrastructure Management Solutions (TIMS), a Houston-based consulting firm focused on supporting the pipeline industry with asset integrity, engineering, and data management services tailored to meet customer needs.
Our leadership is comprised of former pipeline operators with 15+ years of experience, who have spent most of their careers in leadership roles with direct responsibilities for the type of services we provide. In essence, TIMS appears as an operator without assets, and we believe this is a strategic advantage and differentiator in a crowded service marketplace.
Our team in India is a think tank comprising of Data Analysts, GIS Experts, and Pipeline
Engineers who use the latest world-class methodologies to support the pipeline operators in responding to the unprecedented asset information management challenges in recent years.