Reference Code: 82542
Location: United States (US) – Charleston, WV
Job Category: Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 04/16/2021
We all need energy:
It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously. (GIS Analyst)
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Integrity and Operations Services (IOS) group is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Charleston, West Virginia to support our Geographic Information Services (GIS) team.
We are seeking a motivated GIS Analyst who will be responsible for our departmental geographic information systems (GIS) databases, data entry, maintenance, and other GIS capabilities, while also generating custom and standard maps, spatial analyses, and other GIS products to meet customer requirements. The successful candidate will utilize GIS tools and utilities to convert data to GIS formats and perform data quality checks and corrections.
Reporting to the Manager of IOS, the GIS Analyst will carry out a wide range of challenging assignments to maintain the accuracy and quality of GIS database information, data analysis, and visualization to support a wide variety of departmental functions, processes, and analytical requirements.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, who possesses excellent analytical, prioritization, problem-solving, and verbal and written communication skills.
What you’ll do
- Participate in the development and implementation of queries, scripts, and instructions of moderate difficulty
- Assist in the design, development, testing, and implementation of GIS applications of routine to moderate difficulty to meet customer needs and enterprise requirements
- Extract and organize data and perform quality control operations to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data
- Research source documents and/or coordinates with others to resolve missing or conflicting data and other anomalies
- Act as a Project Manager for internal GIS projects, working directly with internal customers and vendors, along with supporting and training GIS Technicians on project responsibilities
- Format and generate a variety of GIS products to include: standard and custom maps and map series, standard map templates, shape files, graphics, tables, and reports
- Perform data searches and retrievals
- Process acquired LiDAR data to produce usable data, such as hill shade, slope maps, or contours for analytical use by various departments
- Provide guidance on LiDAR acquisition
- Overlay maps over aerial imagery to produce custom products and verify and correct geospatial data
- Perform standard spatial analyses such as buffering, spatial overlays, and distance calculations using established methods and procedures
- Maintain and update geospatial databases
- Extract, clean, adjust, and convert data and information from non-GIS systems into GIS formats
- Convert addresses into GIS formats using geocoding routines
- Research and correct problems with data using spatial and logical analyses
- Research and verify legal descriptions and boundaries
- Use scripts, queries, and other tools to obtain and/or correct missing or incorrect spatial and attribute data
- Convert spatial data from one coordinate system to another, using basic geodetic principles
- Geo-reference digital maps to align with real ground locations, using survey monument, GPS, and other data as controls
- Process, load, review, and update data in GIS database layers
- Import database updates
- Help foster effective communication with the Manager, the GIS team, and with customers
- Suggest process improvements to further enhance safety, efficiency, and customer satisfaction
- Other tasks as required
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, IT, or a field requiring at least 18 semester units of equivalent coursework in geographic information systems
- 4 or more years of experience performing technical duties in support of geographic information systems using standard GIS tools to populate and manipulate GIS databases and generate GIS products
- 4 or more years of ESRI GIS work experience
- Advanced ESRI skills to develop GIS websites, mobile tools, and database infrastructure
- Knowledge of aerial and LiDAR data acquisition and processing
- Familiarity with business processes, engineering concepts, change management concepts, quality, and performance management concepts.
- Proficient in the utilization of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint), relational databases (Access, Oracle, SQL), Internet technologies (Google, Yahoo, Microsoft Edge), Directory Utilities (Windows Explorer), Windows, and email (Outlook).
- Ability to read and identify engineering drawings, construction as-builts, and technical records
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, IT, or a closely related field that required equivalent coursework in geographic information systems with relevant work experience
- GISP certification
- 3+ years of functional or process knowledge in the utility industry
- MicroStation skills
- Knowledge of FME or similar scripting language to automate processes and increase workflow
This position requires candidates to
- Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings, or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 57,500-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 percent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America, heating homes, generating power, and fueling industries. To learn more about our natural gas business, please visit TC Energy — Natural Gas
Apply to this posting by 04/16/2021 using reference code 82542. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
Job Segment: Engineer, Geology, GIS, Temporary, Database, Engineering, Technology, Contract
- West Bengal Map
- Geospatial Intelligence and Machine Learning Applications in the Air Force: An In-Depth Analysis
- Honorary Doctorate – ‘Dr’
- Share your Current location with Friends
What is salary of GIS Analyst?
Average salary for a GIS Analyst is $75000/yr in U.S.
What is responsibility of GIS Analyst?
GIS Analyst will be responsible for our departmental geographic information systems (GIS) databases, data entry, maintenance, and other GIS works.
What is GIS Analyst Salary in India?
Average salary for a GIS Analyst in India is INR 75000-130000/Monthly