Job Location: Bangalore Urban, Karnataka, India
JOB PURPOSE (Geospatial Software Engineer):
Janes is searching for a Geospatial Software Engineer to be part of the Product team based in our Bangalore Office in India. The Geospatial Software Engineer is a key role working within the product integration team to support the integration of our new Capella Interconnected Intelligence products into ESRI systems and tools to support national security customers across the globe. In addition, you will work on development of our Software Development Kits to enable customers and integrators to extract maximum benefit from their access to Janes interconnected intelligence products to support geospatial, data analytics, machine learning and graph database applications.
You will also support a number of critical customer and partner engagements within the defence and national security space. Our graph database and supporting infrastructure is new, and there will be many opportunities to shape and lead in the design of our evolving estate enabling you to make a real difference within Janes.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE AT JANES
- Support the integration of our data models and ontologies into ArcGIS.
- Support the development of our software development kit (SDK) for Python that includes ETL workflows, ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online automation and data analytics workflows, ensuring our standards are implemented and maintained.
- Develop and test the SDK for use with Janes APIs new data, tools, technologies and workflow support required by the customer, to inform consultancy or core development activities.
- Support integration of our content within third-party systems and the optimization of those systems to fulfil defined customer use cases.
- Support with creation of instructional documentation, and FAQ documentation
- Become a key stakeholder in the governance and quality assurance of our SDK.
- Working in product led, agile environments.
THE IDEAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE ARE
- 2+ years of working experience with the ESRI products using editing tools, performing spatial analysis, creating geodatabases and writing scripts using Arcpy and the ArcGIS API for python.
- 2+ Years writing efficient, reusable, testable, and scalable Python code.
- Familiar with the Software Development Life Cycle, SCRUM, code packaging, versioning, release, and deployment.
- Relevant experience using current ESRI technology and leveraging the full ArcGIS Enterprise suite of tools.
- Understanding of ArcGIS from an IT context (e.g., hardware, software, storage, security, networking, servers, databases, web services, virtualization, cloud computing).
- Experience with geodatabases and underlying DBMS technology such as SQL Server or Oracle.
- Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems including data warehousing, BI, CRM, ERP, and analytics platforms.
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, or a related field, certificate for GIS, or equivalent experience.
- Can demonstrate innovative, dynamic and creative approach to problem-solving with a willingness to learn and grow in the role .
- Experience implementing Object-relational mapping would be a huge advantage
- Understanding of graph databases
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise web applications or other web application development.
For successful candidates, Janes provides a supportive, stretching and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly both personally and professionally.
We value diversity at Janes and are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our colleagues. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age.
- Geospatial Bill of India 2022
- Tripura University: Junior Research Fellow
- Government Vacancy: Project Officer (GIS)
- Analyst, Geo Analytics – GAMMA
- Technical Assistant