- Location: New Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru , India
- Last date to apply: 9th July 2021
- Duration: 12 Months
- Potential Salary: 7,50,000 to 8,50,000 INR CTC
Associate- Local Area Planning and Town Planning Scheme
What is WRI?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
Under sustainable cities program we use technical expertise, cutting-edge research and on-the-ground partnerships to design solutions that enable sustainable city growth. We collaborate with local and national decision-makers across states to implement projects that overcome the challenges of urbanization and make cities that are better for people.
WRI India is working closely with Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Government of India on various initiatives and one of them is Pilot on Formulation of Local area Plan (LAP) and Town Planning Scheme (TPS) under AMRUT sub-scheme. WRI is anchoring the project in multiple cities across India and looking for a candidate with good planning, analytical, map production and graphic skills.
Candidate should have proven GIS and remote sensing skills on data (collection, production, structuring, integration, validation, quality control), data analytics, cartography and map production skills using open and proprietary data sets. Should have worked on projects related to urban planning and designing (at macro and micro levels) and work independently with minimal supervision.
Candidates will work on LAP and TPS projects for multiple cities and help in proper documentation of data collected, methodologies used in analysis and final maps. Candidate should also help in other ongoing works of WRI India with insight exploratory analysis, production, research and other relevant works.
The candidate will undertake all GIS, remote sensing, data analytic works related to the project like,
- Coordinate and guide the survey team on ground for data capturing standards and integration to prepare the base map
- Primary and secondary data collection, structuring, integration, validation, quality control.
- Create base map creation using open and proprietary data sets (remote sensing & digitization if required)
- Data analytics and insights into project for better planning and designing
- Preparation of necessary cartographic maps, drawings, reports, presentations, graphic visualizations, etc.
Required Attributes and Credentials:
Should have worked at least 3 to 5 years on projects related to urban planning and designing (at macro and micro levels). Candidates will work on LAP and TPS projects for multiple cities and help in proper documentation of data collected, methodologies used in analysis and final maps produced. Candidate should also help in other ongoing works of WRI India with exploratory analysis, production, research, and other relevant works.
- Master’s degree in Remote Sensing, GIS, Geo-informatics, Data Science, Environmental Science, Planning or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Civil Engineering, Planning, Architecture, or other related fields.
- Expertise in ArcGIS software, including ArcGIS Desktop 10.x, ArcGIS Online, QGIS
- Experience in Image Processing / Remote sensing – based monitoring utilizing optical and/or radar satellites in an applied research environment
- Good graphic visualization skills with proficiency in AutoCAD and MS Office
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner, think creatively, work calmly and enthusiastically with minimal supervision.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package
How to Apply:
Only Qualified applicants should apply online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/wri/jobs. Please attach the relevant details in not more than 4 pages (A4 size) in single document:
- Page-1: Cover letter explaining how your professional, academic and skills meet the requirements of this position.
- Page-2&3: Curriculum vitae detailing academic and relevant professional experience.
- Page-4: Links to publications, professional or academic fort polios
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Finalized candidate will be required to take a writing/analytical test.
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org
- West Bengal Map
- Geospatial Intelligence and Machine Learning Applications in the Air Force: An In-Depth Analysis
- Honorary Doctorate – ‘Dr’
- Share your Current location with Friends