Organization: North Eastern Space Applications Centre
North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC) is an autonomous body set up under the joint initiative of Department of Space (DOS) and the North Eastern Council (NEC). The main function of the Centre is to provide developmental support to the North Eastern Region (NER) of our country using space science and technology. From time to time, NESAC had been recruiting Junior Research Fellows (JRFs) under several national and state level projects in various stream.
As per the guidelines of Department of Space for the recruitment of the temporary positions of JRF in ISRO/DOS Centres/Unit the candidates apart from meeting the minimum educational criteria must also have qualified NET or equivalent qualification.
N-JET is one of the eligibility test apart from NET/GATE etc. for applying to the post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF)/Senior Research Fellow (SRF) at NESAC for taking up research in the area of either Remote Sensing (RS) and Geographic Information System (GIS) or in the area of Atmospheric Science. Eligibility for applying for N-JET is Master degree in Science from recognised University of India in First Class in the respective disciplines for which candidate is willing to apply.
The N-JET (NESAC-JRF Eligibility Test) is purely an “eligibility test” of qualifying nature. This test gives a unique opportunity to the candidates to qualify and fulfil one of the minimum eligibility conditions laid down by the Department of Space, before applying for any temporary post of JRF/SRF at NESAC in the area of either Remote Sensing (RS) and Geographic Information System (GIS) or in the area of Atmospheric Science as and when advertised. Therefore, the candidates who do not possess the minimum eligibility condition (of NET or equivalent) for applying to the post of JRF (i.e., who do not possess NET or equivalent qualification as mentioned above due to either no such national level qualifying examination exists at present, or where the candidate is from science streams and is interested in applying for the post of JRF/SRF at NESAC on the basis of specialization and/or aptitude towards earth observation/ space technology) may apply for the N-JET.
The test is open to all candidates having M.Sc degree. Eligibility for applying for N-JET is Master degree in Science from a recognized University of India in First Class in the respective disciplines for which the candidate is willing to apply.
Those candidates willing to apply for N-JET (NESAC JRF Eligibility Test) shall apply only
through our website: www.nesac.gov.in
For RS & GIS Specialisation:
M.Sc in RS & GIS/ Botany/ Ecology/ Forestry/ Environmental Science/ Agriculture (any stream)/ Geology/ Geography (with Bachelor’s Degree in Science)/ Applied Geography/ Geoinformatics/ Spatial Information Science/ Life Science or equivalent in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters) or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 scale or equiavalent.
M.E./M.Tech/M.Plan in RS & GIS/ Urban and Regional Planning/ Water Resources/ Geoinformatics/ Spatial Information Science or equivalent in first class with an aggregate minimum of 60% (average of all semesters) or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.5 on a 10 scale or equiavalent with pre-eligibility qualification of B.E./B.Tech/B.Plan/B.Arch in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters) or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 scale or equiavalent.
For Atmospheric Science Specialisation:
M.Sc in Physics/ Atmospheric Science/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Meteorology/ Space Science or equivalent in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters) or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 scale or equiavalent.
Scheme of examination:
1) The exam will be conducted through offline mode and will consist of 100 objective type MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) of one mark each thus maximum marks as 100, with no negative marking and the duration of the exam shall be of 02 hours. Detailed Syllabus is given in ANNEXURE-I.
2) The cut off marks for qualifying the written test shall be of 50 marks.
3) The tests will be conducted in two (02) broad disciplines i.e. Atmospheric Sciences & RS&GIS. RS&GIS is further divided into 09 specializations as follows:
Break up of 100 marks in N-JET question paper:
3.1 For Candidates appearing for RS & GIS specialization
3.2 For Candidates appearing for Atmospheric Science specialization
|General & Research Aptitude
Validity of the Score:
The Score of the Test will be valid for the period of 03 (three) years from the date of declaration of the results and the qualified candidates can apply for the post of JRF at NESAC which will be advertised for recruitment during that period with the above score card. Any candidate who do not wish to apply for JRF presently, may also appear for N-JET.
How to apply:
The application form will be hosted in the NESAC web-site www.nesac.gov.in from
10.11.2021. Last date for submission of On-line Application Forms is 25.11.2021. Candidates need to apply through online mode only at our website www.nesac.gov.in .
Age Limit: Maximum Age for appearing N-JET 2021 is 28 years as on 25.11.2021 but relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST and 3 years in case of OBC candidates. Age relaxation as per Government of India norms are applicable to Ex-Servicemen, Persons with Disabilities (PWD). Candidates claiming age relaxation have to submit valid documentary proof.
Before applying for the N-JET, all the candidates and especially those whose current age is closer to the maximum cut-off age may carefully note that maximum cut-off age eligibility criteria for the post of JRF at NESAC is same as that of the N-JET. Therefore, before applying for the NESAC-JET, they must clearly understand that although they may be eligible as per their current age for appereing in the NESAC-JET, but they may become age barred later when they apply for the post of JRF at future advertised date or on the future date of walk-in Interview. It is also to reiterate that the recruitment of JRF is an independent and separate process. Those applying for JRF positions at NESAC must fulfil the minimum essential qualification
and minimum eligibility conditions as mentioned in the recruitment advertisement whenever released.
Centre for the Test: Guwahati and Shillong
1. Only those who have completed their master degree are eligible to apply. Students awaiting for final result need not to apply.
2. Candidates need to upload their documents while applying through online mode.
3. Candidate should upload the merged degree and marksheets in one PDF file for one particular qualification e.g. for M.Sc degree & marksheets of all the semesters should be merged and uploaded.
4. Students with only B.Tech degree are not eligible to appear for N-JET.
5. Applications will be received online only and all further communications will be made to the applications through email/ NESAC website only. Therefore, the applications are advised to check their e-mail and visit NESAC website from time to time. NESAC will not take responsibility for non-receipt of intimation regarding Admit Card/ any communication due to technical reasons or whatsoever to the candidates.
6. Online application can be submitted through NESAC website www.nesac.gov.in from 10.11.2021 [16:00 HRS] to 25.11.2021 [23:59 HRS].
7. The application is not for any recruitment.
8. Any request for change of address/e-mail ID for communication shall NOT be entertained.
9. Travelling Allowance will NOT be paid for candidates appearing for the N-JET 2021.
10. Only Indian Nationals n e e d t o apply.
11. Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
12. No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification, candidates may mail to [email protected]
13. 25.11.2021 will be cut-off date for all purposes like age, qualification, etc.
14. If any information furnished in the online application is found to be wrong/false/incomplete, the candidate will NOT be called for the Test.
15. Here-in-after, any further information/Corrigendum/Addendum related to this advertisement shall be made available only on our website www.nesac.gov.in
GOVERNMENT STRIVES TO HAVE A WORKFORCE WHICH REFLECTS GENDER BALANCE AND WOMEN CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complies with the requirements and adheres to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.
1. The candidates who have already qualified NET or equivalent examination are not required to appear for the N-JET since they already meet such condition for applying for the positions of JRF at NESAC as and when advertised.
2. The NESAC-JET is an independent test merely to provide an opportunity to candidates (as mentioned above) to bring them at par with other candidates to meet the minimum eligibility conditions for applying to JRF/SRF positions at NESAC.
3. (This is not a recruitment notification) Recruitment of JRF at NESAC is a separate and independent process for which the candidates have to apply against the advertisement released by NESAC based on its requirement. Thus, the candidates who albeit may have qualified the N-JET, but will also have to independently apply against the specific advertised post of JRF/SRF; and like any other eligible candidate, his/her application will be screened for meeting the minimum essential qualification, age and other eligibility conditions at the time of such recruitment against the advertisement.
4. NESAC reserves the right to postpone/ reschedule/ cancel the test, if it so decides.
1) SYLLABUS OF PART A-I – REMOTE SENSING & GIS (Common) – 25 Marks
FUNDAMENTALS OF REMOTE SENSING
1 Introduction to Remote Sensing
- Remote sensing- definitions and concept
- Example of the imaging by human eye
- Key properties of a remote sensing system: Source, target, sensor
- Active and passive remote sensing
- Analog and digital images
- Bands and wavelengths
- Visualization: True color and false color
- Remote Sensing platforms: space based, airborne, UAV, ground measurements
- Orbits of satellites and swath
- Imaging techniques: Pushbroom, whiskbroom, snapshot, frame based
- Data types for geospatial data
- Concept of Resolution-Spectral, Spatial and Temporal
2 Physics of Remote Sensing
- Light as an electromagnetic wave
- Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Electromagnetic radiation and its interaction with matter and atmosphere
- Remote sensing in different domains of the spectrum: reflectance, emission and scattering
- Energy balance equation
- Emission: Radiation laws
- Scattering: Rayleigh, Mie, Non-selective
3 Remote Sensing Sensors and their Specifications
- Imaging spectrometers vs. spectroradiometers
- Hyperspectral cameras
- Multispectral cameras
- Panchromatic cameras
- Remote sensors and platforms – active and passive remote sensing techniques
- Optical, infrared, LiDAR and microwave sensors
- Some common satellite sensors used in different application areas
4 Data from Remote Sensing Sensors
- Data formats
- Interleaving: BIL, BSQ, BIP
- Band visualization
- False colour composites
5 Image Interpretation and Land use analysis
- Fundamentals and elements of visual photo interpretation.
- Satellite image vs. aerial photo interpretation, development of interpretation keys.
- Mapping terrain elements: Land use-land cover, drainage and physiographic features.
- Importance of Ground Validation in Remote Sensing
6 Photogrammetry and Cartography
- Aerial Photogrammetry
- Satellite Photogrammetry
- Image Matching
- Terrain Analysis
7 Corrections associated with Remote Sensing Data
- Conversion of DN values to surface reflectance
- Radiometric Corrections: Striping error, shot noise, column/line dropout
- Geometric Corrections: source sensor geometry, topographic effects, GCPs and transformation
- Atmospheric Effects: Aerosol corrections, Water vapour corrections
8 Satellite Data Enhancement and Visualization Tools
- Radiometric enhancement techniques: Contrast stretching: Linear, non-linear
- methods (logarithmic, exponential), piece wise, histogram equalization
- Low Pass and High Pass Filtering
- Adaptive gradient filers
- Band ratio, Types of different indices Principal Component Analysis
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai