- Organization: Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI)
- Last Date of Online Application: November 4, 2021
- Location: Gurugram, Haryana
- Duration of Position: 1 Year or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier
- Code: PHFI-WDEV-100
Job Description (Geospatial Coordinator):
The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders.
CHAIR India Project– This project aims to develop a nation-wide air pollution exposure assessment model for predicting ambient PM2.5 levels and temperature modelling. This predicted exposure levels will be related to the multiple health outcomes across different age groups utilizing the health data from the various pregnancy, birth, adults and ageing cohorts across rural and urban India. This will be achieved by a consortium of researchers interested in air pollution epidemiology including exposure scientists and public health researchers with expertise in cardio metabolic and respiratory epidemiology, maternal & child health and cognitive development. The specific research questions are listed below: 1. To develop a nation-wide exposure model for daily ambient PM2.5 and ambient temperature from 2008-2020 at a spatial resolution of 1 km x 1 km and locally at 200 m x 200 m in India. 2. Link our national estimates of PM2.5 and temperature to health data to quantify the associations between PM2.5 and ambient temperature, independently and jointly on the following major public health endpoints: a. Total mortality, b. Cardiometabolic outcomes and c. Lung function outcomes. 3. Create a public website with environmental data on a 1 x 1 km grid that can be used by planners, policy-makers, and the general public to increase awareness and aid decision-making. This large multi-disciplinary research programme includes components on primary data collection, secondary data analyses and modelling. The project will provide an excellent opportunity to collaborate with leading researchers in India, Sweden, Israel and USA for building an independent and exciting career in this intersecting area of public health research.
- Handle big data (and in particular geo spatial data sets: Vectors and Raster’s) and developing website infrastructure.
- Assist with study deliverables, data coordination, data analysis, development of study website to share data and publication of study findings.
- Coordination with HR, Admin and IT might be required from time to time.
- Any other task assigned by the Supervisor.
- Master’s degree, or bachelors with documented experience in GIS, computer science, or related fields.
- Around 2-3 years of experience in
- Strong expertise working with spatial data, database development, data science, statistics/biostatistics, system dynamics/community-based system dynamics, or website development.
- Additional demonstrated experience in processing large spatial data with at least one of the following software types GIS (PostGIS), R-cran, Java, JS, Python is preferred.
- Statistical and Geostatistical experience is also preferred especially in R or a willingness to develop experience in these software.
Process to Apply-
Interested and eligible candidates may send their updated CV to [email protected] and fill the application form- https://forms.office.com/r/yQ509X4kwv . Please mention the exact Position Code- PHFI-WDEV-100 in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: 04 November 2021
- Candidates are requested to refer PHFI website for position description & process for applying. Please note only those applications will be considered which are received as per instruction written on PHFI website.
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
- PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
“PHFI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process”.
Women are encouraged to apply!
[When you apply, please mention that you heard from GISvacancy.com]
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai
|Job Category||Computer Science, RS and GIS|