- Organization: North Eastern Space Applications Centre
- Location: Umiam – 793103, Meghalaya
- Deadline: walk-in-interview scheduled during 06th to 08th February 2023
North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC), Umiam is an autonomous body functioning under the Department of Space and North Eastern Council (NEC) to assist development process in North Eastern Region using space science and technology. It undertakes specific applications projects using remote sensing, GIS, satellite communication and conducting space science research. The Centre’s services are helpful in Natural Resources Management, Infrastructure Planning, Health, Education, Disaster Management and Earth Observation Applications Mission.
NESAC proposes to recruit the following positions of Project Associate-I on temporary project basis through walk-in-interview scheduled during 06th to 08th February 2023 at NESAC, Umiam at 08:30 AM (reporting time). Candidates may require to stay for interview for the next day also, at their own expenses.
|Post Code No.
|No. of position
|Desired Experience/ Knowledge
|Date of interview
|M.Sc. in Agriculture/ Forestry/ Sericulture/ Horticulture/ Botany/ Life Science/ Environmental Science/ Geology/ Geography/ Applied Geography/ Physics/ Home Science or equivalent. OR M.Sc. in Remote Sensing/ Geoinformatics/ Spatial Information Science/ Computer Science/ Information Technology or equivalent. OR B.E./B.Tech in Civil/ Mechanical/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ ECE or equivalent.
|Working experience in application of RS and GIS in Agriculture and allied areas / Land use Planning
|M.Sc. in Remote Sensing/ Geology/ Geography/ Environmental Science or equivalent. OR B.E./B.Tech in Civil Engineering/ Agricultural Engineering or equivalent.
|Working experience in applications of RS and GIS
|M.Sc. in Remote Sensing/ Remote Sensing and GIS/ Geoinformatics/ Computer Science/ Information Technology or equivalent. OR B.E./B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering/ Information Technology/ Geoinformatics/ Geomatics or equivalent.
|Working experience in RS & GIS
|Post Code No.
|No. of position
|Desired Experience/ Knowledge
|Date of interview
|B.E./B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering/ Information Technology/ Software Engineering or equivalent.
|Working experience in RS & GIS, Web GIS and spatial decision support development
- B.E./B.Tech/M.Sc. degree should be in First Class or equivalent grade with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters) or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 point scale or equivalent from recognized university.
- Number of positions indicated above are provisional and may vary depending on the actual requirement.
- B.E/B.Tech/M.Sc. degree should be in First Class or equivalent grade with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters) or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.84 on a 10 point scale or equivalent from recognized university.
- Rounding-off of marks/CGPA Grading is not allowed.
- Candidates must clearly mention with supporting proof, the specialization/ dissertation/ thesis in the relevant field wherever applicable for consideration of their application.
- Experience letter should contain the details of work done by the applicant under different projects.
- Selection will be purely based on performance in the interview.
- All degrees should be duly recognized by AICTE/UGC, or any other organization authorized by Government of India to do so.
- In case of foreign degree holders where the documents/degree/certificates are not in English then translation and authorized transcription must be attached and equivalency certificate from Association of Indian University (AIU) must also be scanned and attached. Failure to produce equivalency certificate at the time of interview shall lead to disqualification.
- The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make a candidate eligible for Interview.
- The Centre reserves the right not to fill up any of the positions, if it so decides.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/Institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- In case candidate is claiming equivalent specialization, he/she has to obtain certificate from his/her institute/university stating that the specialization is equivalent to the one asked in the advertisement for the position applied for. Candidates who do not fulfill eligibility condition will not be considered for the interview.
Maximum Age 35 years as on Date of Interview but relaxation by 5 years in case of SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates. Age relaxation as per Government of India orders
are applicable to Ex-Servicemen, Persons with Disabilities (PWD). Candidate claiming age relaxation have to submit valid documentary proof.
TENURE OF THE POSITIONS:
The above positions are purely on temporary basis and co-terminus with the project without any provision for regularization. Project Associate will be engaged initially for ONE YEAR or the period of the Project whichever is earlier and is extendable for further periods based on assessment of their work and requirement of project. The maximum period of engagement of Project Associate shall not exceed FIVE YEAR.
The position of Project Associate will not confer any claim or right for regular employment in NESAC and the services are liable to be terminated without any notice and without assigning any reasons thereof.
The Director, NESAC reserves the right to cancel/postpone the interview without any reason thereof. He also reserves the right to terminate the contract, even before completion of the tenure/project for which no appeal thereof shall be made.
EMOLUMENTS & OTHER BENEFITS:
Monthly Emolument – ₹ 31,000/-
In addition to the above HRA at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting/HRA sanctioned under the respective project whichever is less will be paid and Medical benefits for self only will be allowed as per extant rules.
Project Associates are entitle for leave as per rules of the host Institution. Maternity leave as per Govt. of India instructions would be available to all female Project Associates. Apart from this, the candidates selected will not be entitled to any benefits or concessions admissible to regular employees.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and eligible candidates are required to directly come to the venue along with their Biodata (as per prescribed format) and all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in the Biodata along with a set of self-attested photocopies of the documents. Candidates who are already employed under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies will also have to produce the “No Objection Certificate”, in original, at the time of interview. In case the candidate fails to produce any of the above documents or if any information furnished in the Biodata is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed. The Biodata format is hosted in the NESAC web- site www.nesac.gov.in.
Biodata should be neatly typed in the prescribed Biodata Format and then print-out to be taken. Hand written Biodata will not be accepted.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one post should submit separate Biodata for each post at the time of interview.
- Candidates will have to produce a Final COVID19 Vaccination Certificate (Double Dose) at the time of interview. Candidates with a Single Dose Vaccinated/Not Vaccinated should come with a valid NEGATIVE COVID-19 RT-PCR/TRUENAT/CBNAAT test report (not older than 72 hours) at the time of interview.
- Those who possess the required qualification as on Date of Interview only need to come for interview. Only passed candidates are eligible to appear the interview. Students awaiting for final result need not appear for the walk-in-interview.
- The selected candidates shall be posted at NESAC, Umiam but are also liable to be posted in any place in India at the discretion of Director, NESAC as and when required.
- Candidates request for change of date or place for the interview will not be entertained.
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
- Date of Interview will be cut-off date for all purposes like age, qualification, etc.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any issues pertaining to downloading of Biodata fromat, candidates may send mail to [email protected].
- Candidates are required to provide their valid email-id & contact number in the Biodata. In case of invalid email-id & contact number provided by any candidate, NESAC will not be responsible for the non-communication of any information which will be sent through email.
- The prescribed experience should be after acquiring the essential qualification.
- Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
- No TA/DA shall be paid for attending the interview.
Download Official Detailed Notification: Click Here
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai
- GIS Jobs in Jaipur
|Geo-informatics, Geography, Govt GIS Jobs