- Organization: EarthDaily Analytics
- Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Job Description (Geospatial Cloud Engineer)
EarthDaily Analytics is hiring Geospatial Cloud Engineer for Vancouver, BC, Canada location.
At EarthDaily Analytics we strive to build a more sustainable planet by creating innovative solutions that combine satellite imagery of the Earth, modern software engineering, machine learning, and cloud computing to solve the world’s toughest challenges in agriculture, water management, carbon capture verification and more. Our focus has been on building the world’s most advanced satellite image processing pipelines capable of delivering automated, reliable, meaningful analytics from our customers’ satellites and our own. Our belief is that insights can only be as good as the data itself and we pride ourselves on generating the highest quality data products in the industry.
We’re a multidisciplinary team of software engineers with backgrounds in Geography, Physics, Computer Science, Atmospheric Studies, Mathematics, Cloud Infrastructure, Industrial Design, and Aerospace Engineering among others. Our diversity is core to our success in building the most innovative technologies on (and off!) the planet. Our team of experts have developed the world’s first colour HD video from space, developed the processing pipelines for some of the most well-known commercial satellites, and have built the world’s first automated Satellite Processing service which is being applied partner satellites and our upcoming constellation.
Our Software Engineers embrace a DevOps culture, work as a highly collaborative team in an agile based iterative development environment and are leading the next revolution in satellite-based Earth Observation remote sensing through problem solving, growth and ownership.
READY TO LAUNCH?
Do you want to work in the space industry and build innovative software systems that can automatically process and calibrate satellite images from space to help drive applications for Earth’s sustainability? Do you have experience with DevOps and cloud-based infrastructure? We want to hear from you! Space geeks and innovators are always encouraged to apply!
We’re a team dedicated to developing innovative Software Solutions for Space and we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Geospatial Cloud Engineer) to make this happen.
PREPARE FOR IMPACT! (aka Responsibilities)
As a Senior Software Engineer (Geospatial Cloud Engineer), you will have overall responsibility for designing, developing, deploying, and applying DevOps practices to backend production geospatial systems (APIs, Databases, Infrastructure). These systems are used to support the development and operations of the Ground Segment that supports EarthDaily’s Earth Observation Satellites and Sensors (present and future), Value-Added Products and internal systems/services used by active stakeholders. You will be a Senior member of the Engineering team with high impact activities that include:
- Define, design, implement, test, debug, deploy and evolve transactional data management systems, geospatial data pipelines and software/infrastructure for Earth Observation services
- Conduct and participate in technical and interface discussions, design reviews, code reviews and feature verifications with other team members.
- Monitor, triage and fix bugs in services with active stakeholders.
- Participate in sprint planning, sprint closure, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives
- Drive the design and implementation of new system requirements, system level architecture for geospatial platforms and supporting systems
- Participate in Product and Business Development discussions to advise on and influence the Product Roadmap
- Mentor and train fellow software engineers on software development best practices
- Ensure technical documentation for solution designs is created and maintained
- Recommend new technologies/patterns to ensure solution scalability, maintainability, and quality to handle Petabyte scale for Earth Observation data
YOUR PAST MISSIONS (aka Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- +1 for Master’s or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional experience in software engineering with proven track record of delivering API driven transactional based system for mission critical projects
- +1 for experience working with APIs for Geospatial data
- Experience developing and debugging complex distributed software deployed within a cloud-based environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience working within an Agile software development framework and SCRUM processes
- Experience in large scale database and API design and implementation
- Experience in back-end development in Earth Observation domain (e.g., developing Earth Observation data platforms)
- Experience practicing DevOps and CICD
- Experience in leading technological advancement of existing capabilities
- Experience in leading, mentoring and growing fellow software engineers
- AWS Certifications
- Experience in designing and implementing applications with geospatial capabilities
- Experience in designing and implementing cloud infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code)
- Knowledge of user interface design and development
YOUR TOOLKIT (aka Skills and Knowledge)
- Excellent knowledge in at least one high level programming language (e.g., Java, C++, Python, etc)
- Excellent knowledge in RDBMS and/or NoSQL database technologies
- Excellent knowledge in API development
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent object-oriented and test-driven design skills
- Excellent knowledge of software systems architecture and patterns
- Good knowledge of Geospatial data formats
- Working knowledge of AWS or other cloud services
- Working knowledge in CICD, Configuration Management, Scalable and Cost Effective Cloud Infrastructure Architecture concepts
- Self-starter and self-learner attitude with the ability to manage and execute with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative, commit, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code
- Working knowledge of Docker, ECS/EKS, lambda and microservice, serverless design paradigm
- Working knowledge of geospatial concepts (including geospatial enabled databases)
- Working knowledge of user interface development
We’d love to welcome you to our world of software for space. We have a shared passion for building production critical systems that generate near real-time views of Earth from satellites that power real-world applications like disaster monitoring and crop yield improvements. It’s a fun, fast paced, exciting environment where we hold innovation, team work, honesty and trust as our core values. Our software engineering tech stack is as innovative as the satellites we serve. We use fully cloud-native architectures, the latest advancements in computer vision and machine learning, and modern software engineering practices with fully automated CICD software development pipelines continually testing our code, and reliably delivering software systems to cloud-based production environments. And just like space exploration – we’re constantly evolving and pushing new technology boundaries.
WHY EARTHDAILY ANALYTICS?
- Competitive compensation, full benefits and flexible time off
- Be part of a meaningful mission as part of one of Canada’s most innovative space companies that are developing sustainable solutions for our planet
- Continuous employee growth and development including training from leading experts in the field in advanced topics spanning remote sensing to cloud-native architecture
- Innovation time built into our schedule to foster new ideas and technological evolution
- Flexible working hours with work from home opportunities made to fit your life
- Great work environment, team and one of the best office locations in Vancouver (right over the water in the new Vancouver Convention Centre)
- Company subsidized bi-weekly team lunches, lunch & learns and Friday afternoon social hours
SIMILAR GIS JOBS: Click Here
|Job Category||Computer Science, RS and GIS|