Posted 2 years ago
- Organization: Watershed Organisation Trust (WOTR)
- Last Date: 10 November 2021
- Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job Description (Research Associate – Geo-informatics )
Job profile/ Scope of Work ( Research Associate ):
- Analyse satellite images acquired from multiple satellites, using statistical analysis software, image analysis software, or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) such as ArcGIS, ERDAS, ENVI, GDAL and Python to generate customized geospatial products.
- Working on various GIS software, such as ArcGIS, QGIS, SNAP and ERDAS Imagine to process and analyse GIS datasets.
- Apply image processing techniques to process and enhance the satellite imagery.
- Land Use Land Cover mapping using multi-sensor, multi-temporal satellite imagery; Land degradation mapping using GIS; Soil Erosion modelling.
- Geodatabase management and handling; and the thematic analysis of satellite imagery; Spatio-temporal modelling using Remote Sensing and GIS.
- Data collection from various sources and thematic maps preparation; Conducting GPS surveys to collect ground truth data from rural areas across country.
- Document and develop results from both basic and applied scientific and technical research for use in technical reports and publications.
- Closely working with interdisciplinary teams and support them by providing geospatial solutions
- Work on variety of projects in support of geo-informatics department at WOTR.
- Programming experience with Python/R is an added advantage
Work experience & Qualifications:
- Master degree in geo-informatics or equivalent, with a focus on remote sensing and GIS applications, and one of the following disciplines: Natural resources mapping and management, Land Use Land Cover mapping, Land degradation mapping, spatio-temporal modelling using Remote Sensing data.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in optical and SAR satellite image processing and interpretation, vector data processing and management; information extraction from satellite imageries and thematic maps preparation.
- Minimum 1 research publication in a high quality research journal
Compensation: Negotiable with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates are requested to apply to [email protected] & [email protected].
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai
|Job Category||Geo-informatics, RS and GIS|