- Organization: Himachal Pradesh Forest Department
- Job Location: Himachal Pradesh
- Last Date of application: 15 October 2021 (via- [email protected])
Description (Research Assistant):
Himachal Pradesh Forest Department is hiring Research Assistant for the Wildlife Wing’s Cheer Pheasant Reintroduction Programme.
• Conduct faunal surveys through trails/transects, sign surveys and camera trapping, habitat quality assessment and socio-economic surveys at Cheer Pheasant Reintroduction site.
• Carry out radio-tracking of reintroduced Cheer pheasant and other post-release monitoring activities as part of the Wildlife Wing’s Cheer Pheasant Reintroduction Programme.
• Prepare technical reports, media brief, and presentations for official meetings.
• Participate in community awareness workshops with local people 70 spread know-how about Cheer Pheasant and importance of the program.
• Tenure-12 months.
• Age- Below 35 yrs. as on 01-01-2021.
• Remuneration-Rs. 16,500/- per month.
• The selected person is required to stay at Sari ( Chail) Distt-Shimla H.P.
• Masters Degree in Life Sciences/Wildlife Sciences or any related discipline.
• Working experience with R Statistical Program, GIS-based applications (Arc GIS,QGIS or any other), MS Office (Excel, Word and Power Point) is preferred.
• Any previous experience with radio-tracking, designing biodiversity surveys will given appropriate weight age during the selection process.
• Basic knowledge of statistics desired.
• Ability to speak Hindi is essential.
• Good English writing skills.
• Ability to undertake extensive field work in extreme climate and high altitudes.
• Applying for the position
• Documents: Curriculum vitae and 1-page write-up (11 pt Calibri, A4, left justified, 1.5 line spacing) on the motivation and interest to apply for the position.
• Send applications to ([email protected]) Please mention ” Research Assistant-Cheer Pheasant Reintroduction Programme, H.P”, in the subject line.
• The vacancy is open to India Nationals only.
• Applications of only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
• Selection will be through an interview (personal/online).
- Applications received will first be scrutinized by Dy. CF (WL) Shimla to shortlist candidates for the interview. The process for short listing will follow marks allotment for the skills possessed and selecting the Top-S applicants for the interview and assessment will be made against:-
- i) Previous field experience.
- ii) Previous experience Radio-tracking and monitoring.
- iii) Previous participation in Biodiversity surveys.
- iv) Hindi speaking skills.
- v) English writing.
- vi) Computer and statistics skills (GIS,R etc).
- Personal or online interview: Shortlisted students will be called for interview either personal or if distantly located over skype/other online means. The interview will be conducted by Addl. PCCF WL —cum-CEO(HPZC3S)0/o PCCF (WL), CCF WL (5) Shimla & EO-cum-Dy. CF WL Shimla.
Official Notification: Download
|Job Category||Forestry, Govt GIS Jobs, RS and GIS, Wildlife|