- Organization: Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
- Division: Deputy Minster’s Office, Niagara Escarpment Commission
- Location City: Georgetown
- Job Term: 1 Permanent
- Job Code: 17158 – Systems Officer 4
- Salary: $1,405.38 – $1,796.16 Per Week*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.Understanding the job ad – definitions
- Job ID: 195247
Come showcase your leadership and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) expertise with the Niagara Escarpment Commission (NEC), an Agency of the Government of Ontario. As an integral member of the NEC team, you will provide strategic leadership and oversight in the development, implementation, management and maintenance of NEC’s GIS, Information Management (IM) and Information Technology (IT) activities.
Note: This position is located at 232 Guelph Street, Georgetown, however alternate work arrangements may be available.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. Refer to the “How to apply” section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a GIS Information Management and Information Technology Coordinator, you will:
• provide leadership, expertise, oversight and coordination related to NEC’s GIS, IM and IT requirements
• design and determine appropriate analytical methods, database strategies, data management solutions and GIS applications
• lead special projects in support of business modernization
• develop and conduct training for staff and users
• maintain/develop networks to enable continual improvement of the GIS and information management programs to optimize program delivery
• develop, maintain, and coordinate the acquisition of GIS, databases and applications
How do I qualify?
Technical Knowledge and Expertise
• You have proven technical knowledge and experience in geographic information systems, remote sensing, digital mapping, GPS and other computer technologies.
• You have knowledge of computer system technologies, including hardware/software, operating systems, application software, and database management software.
• You have knowledge of theory, principles and practices of GIS, information management and information technologies.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You have knowledge of business process modelling and mapping, performance measurement, and change management.
• You have knowledge of risk assessment and management principles.
• You can analyze information, data management and information integration requirements.
• You can develop data management and process models.
• You can evaluate business needs, develop effective implementation approaches and business cases, and lead the development and implementation of programs.
• You can compile geospatial databases that deliver intended objectives.
Leadership and Project Management Skills
• You can plan, monitor, and deliver a range of integrated projects and deliverables, with multiple clients and partners.
• You can effectively lead teams and influence optimal results from project teams.
• You have the ability to interpret and apply legislation and regulations.
• You have knowledge of available provincial GIS and related geographic information and data sets.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You can deliver presentations and prepare reports, strategies and business cases.
• You can effectively engage clients and develop approaches and deliver technical knowledge transfer and solutions.
• You have political acuity.
- 1 Permanent, 232 Guelph St, Georgetown, Central Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees UnionUnderstanding the job ad – definitions
Category: Information Technology
Posted on: Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
How to apply:
- You must apply online.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment services team will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Tuesday, March 7, 2023 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d’emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Note: The only website where you can apply on-line for positions with the Ontario Public Service is http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- Government GIS Jobs in Canada
- PhD and Post-Doctoral Positions in Remote Sensing and GIS
- Other Country
|Canada Govt GIS Jobs, Geo-informatics, Geography, Geomatics, RS and GIS