- Organization: HERE Technologies
- Location: Navi Mumbai
Job Description (GIS Data Engineering Manager I):
- Independently design, lead and execute complex data engineering projects, design new end-to-end processes for the conversion and use of external digital sources in the creation and maintenance of the HERE databases and related products.
- Ability to assess and manage risks of complex interdepartmental bulk integration efforts, realizing that as data amounts are high, risks are high.
- Independently identify improvement and innovation opportunities and when applicable, drive them into the organization, dealing with possible resistance on the way.
- Lead and participate in departmental and cross-functional projects, which will help to increase efficiency, quality and/or reduce costs.
- Use experience to recommend improvements for existing processes and tools, undertaking roles of teaching, coaching, technical rollout planning.
- Act with empathy and integrity among inter-departmental peers, so that Data Integration insight and advice reaches target. Detect problems with data-conversion, bulk updates, or the MAP databases and act on them. (Re-)engineer new process workflows involving multiple HERE departments.
- Mentor, support and supervise a team of GIS Data Engineers.
- Participating in architecture and design discussions and reviews.
- Conduct regular 1-on-1 meetings with each assigned team member to assist with issues and provide mentoring support.
Who are you?
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with at least 8-10 years of professional experience.
- 2 or more years of hands on experience in software development.
- Experience in Big Data technologies, ETL tools and RDBMS.
- Data engineering technologies like FME, ArcGIS, Python will be a plus.
- Experience working in and optimizing the Agile software development process.
- Experience leading a software development team.
- Public cloud experience will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us. Watch Video
Similar GIS Jobs:
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai
|Job Category||RS and GIS|