- Organization: Centre for Advance Agriculture Science and Technology (CAAST)
- Location: Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
- Deadline: 30th November, 2021
Job Description (Research Associate):
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the following posts of Research Associate in the disciplines of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, Agronomy, Agricultural Meteorology, Electronics & Telecommunication and Remote Sensing & GIS (RS-GIS) purely on temporary and contractual basis in the project entitled “Centre for Advance Agriculture Science and Technology (CAAST) on Climate Smart Agriculture and Water Management (CSA WM)” operational in this University. These positions are available until the end of the project or for eleven months whichever is earlier. The interested candidates;
- Shall apply in the prescribed Application Form (enclosed with this notification and available on www.mpkv-caast.ac.in and www.mpkv.ac.in) with the scanned copies of certificates/documents in support of essential and desirable qualifications, eligibility and / or any other claims on or before 30th November 2021.
- The completed application form along with the scanned copies of all the certificates/ documents need to be submitted by one of the following means
- Email to caast.csawm20 [email protected]
- By post / courier to “The Recruitment Officer, CAAST-CSAWM, Dr. A. S. College of Agril. Engineering and Technology Building, MPKV, Rahuri 413722”
- In person to “CAAST-CSWAM office, 3rd Floor, Dr. A.S. College of Agril. Engineering and Technology Building, MPKV, Rahuri 4I 3722″
- In any case the applications received after 1800 hrs on 30th November, 2021 will not be accepted.
3. The list of the eligible candidates will be displayed on 03rd December, 2021 on www.mpkv caast.ac.in and www.mpkv.ac.in. If there are any issues with the list of eligible candidates, the candidate can email to Recruitment Officer, CAAST-CSAWM, MPKV, Rahuri ([email protected]) on or before 06th December, 2021 (1700 hrs).
4. The final list of the shortlisted eligible candidates will be displayed on 7 December, 2021 on www.mpkv-caast.ac.in and www.mpkv.ac.in and will also be communicated by email ISMS on 07-08 December, 2021 stating the date and time of interview and details ofonline link.
5. The online interview will be conducted during 09-10 December, 2021 and hence the shortlisted eligible candidates should be ready during these two days (as stated at Sr. No. 4, the exact date and tentative time of start will be communicated to the candidates /displayed).
6. The selected candidate at the time of joining need to produce the original documents for verification in support of their claims in the application. Candidates need to especially produce the original documents in support of eligibility (date of birth, educational qualifications along with the statement of marks and certificates; and the minimum experience for Master’s Degree holder), additional degree, additional experience, publications (full length research papers in journals, full length research papers in the proceedings and other publications); special contributions and other claims. If candidates are unable to produce the original documents in support of their minimum eligibility, they will be considered as ineligible even after the selection.
7. The schedule of activities on
|Sr.No.||Activity||Tentative date (s)|
|I.||Issue of the Advertisement (Online Interview)||15.11.2021|
|2.||Last date of application submission||On or before 30.11.2021 (I 800 hrs)|
|3.||Display of the list of eligible candidates on website and SMS /email to the eligible candidates||05-06 December, 2021|
|4.||Submission of grievance||On or before 06.12.2021 (1700 hrs)|
|5.||Display of the final list||07-08 December, 2021|
|6.||Interviews (online)||09-10 December, 2021|
|7.||Issue of the orders||11-13 December, 2021|
For any questions/queries on application-procedure, candidates can contact Dr. N. N. Firake, Head, Dept., of IDE & Recruitment Officer, CAAST-CSA WM, MPKV, Rahuri on the email: caast.csawm20 firstname.lastname@example.org or on a cell phone (02426-243176, 07775818077).
The details of the post and required qualifications are given below;
|Name of the Post||Discipline/ Subject||No. of Posts||Qualifications|
|Research Associate||Irrigation and Drainage||01||Essential: Ph.D. degree m Irrigation and Drainage|
|Engineering (at Central campus, MPKV Rahuri)||Engineering/Water Resources Development and Management/Water Resources Engineering/Irrigation Water Management Engineering or equivalent OR|
|Masters or M. Tech. (Agri. Engg) degree in Irrigation and|
|Drainage Engineering/Water Resources Development and Management/Water Resources Engineering/Irrigation|
|Water Management Engineering or equivalent having I st|
|Division or 60% marks or equivalent overall grade point|
|average, with at least two years research experience, as|
|evidenced from Fellowship/ Associateship/Training/other|
|Knowledge and/or experience in pressurized irrigation|
|systems such as sprinkler, drip, and its automation,|
|moisture sensors, weather-based irrigation scheduling|
|system, IoT for water resources.|
|Knowledge and/or experience of developing/working with simulation models, decision support system; an|
|open source or commercially available software such as|
|DSSAT, MIKE SHE/I 1, MODFLOW.|
|Research Associate||Agronomy (at Central campus, MPKV Rahuri)||01||Essential: Ph.D. degree m Agronomy/Crop Science or equivalent OR M. Sc. (Agri.) degree in|
|Agronomy/Crop Science or equivalent having Ist|
|division or 60% marks or equivalent overall grade|
|point average, with at least two years research|
|experience, as evidenced from Fellowship/ Associate ship/ Training/other engagements. Desirable: Knowledge and /or experience of farm management, field experiments, experimental designs.Knowledge and /or experience m rainfed agriculture, conservation agriculture, organic farming.|
|Research Associate||Agricultural Meteorology|
(at Central campus, MP KV Rahuri)
|01||Essential: Ph.D. degree in Agricultural Meteorology/ Meteorology or equivalent. OR With M.Sc. (Agri.) degree m Agricultural Meteorology/Meteorology or equivalent having I st division or 60% marks or equivalent overall grade point average, with at least three years research experience, as evidenced from Fellowship/ Associate ship/ Training/ other engagements and one research paper in Science Citation Index (SCI)/NAAS rated (2:4.0) Journal. Desirable: Experience and/or knowledge of handling of agro meteorological instruments and maintenance, collection of data, organizational management, liaison with different organizations such as !MD, State Govt., Weather Service Providers, NGOs.Knowledge of working with climate change models including GCM, RCM, and down-scaling models, crop models, metadata analysis.|
|Associate||Telecommunication||Ph.D. degree in Electronics/Electronics and|
|(at Central campus,||Telecommunication/Instrumentations or equivalent|
|With Masters or M. Tech./M.E. degree in Electronics/|
|Electronics and Telecommunication/ Instrumentations or|
|equivalent having I st division or 60% marks or equivalent|
|overall grade point average, with at least three years|
|research experience, as evidenced from Fellowship/ Associate ship/ Training/other engagements and one research paper in Science Citation Index (SCI)/NAAS rated (2:4.0) Journal.|
|Experience and/or knowledge in development and|
|application of computer hardware, software and|
|electronic instrumentation, control and communication|
|systems in agriculture, water and climate sectors, IoT|
|platforms, different sensors and communication|
|between sensors and software.|
|Research Associate||Remote Sensing and GIS (at Central campus, MP KV Rahuri)||01||Essential: Ph.D. degree in Remote Sensing and GIS Applications or equivalent OR Masters or M. Tech./M.E. degree in Remote Sensing and GIS Applications or equivalent having 1st division or 60% marks or equivalent overall grade point average, with at least two years research experience, as evidenced from Fellowship/ Associate ship/ Training/other engagements.|
|Desirable: Experience and/or knowledge in application of RS/GIS techniques in agriculture, water resources, hydrology, weather, climate change.|
Note: For the post stated above, the teaching or teaching assistantship/training experience is desirable.
Emoluments for Research Associate:
- With Ph.D.: Rs. 54,000=00 per month consolidated +HRA as applicable.
- With a Master’s degree holder: Rs. 49,000=00 per month consolidated + HRA as applicable.
The Upper age limit for Research Associate will be 40 years for men and 45 years for women.
1. Presentation and Interview Process
- The candidates found eligible will only be invited for presentation and interview process. The eligible candidates need to present in an online mode before the Selection Committee for about 8- 10 mins on any topic but related to the discipline for which candidate has applied and in context of the objectives of the CAAST-CSA WM (preferably in the form of power point presentation). The presentation will be followed by the defense by the candidate.
- Immediately after the presentation process is over, the Selection Committee will conduct the interview.
2. The Distribution of Marks
|Educational Qualification, Experience, Publication and Special Contribution||40 Marks|
|Presentation Process||40 Marks|
|Interview Process||20 Marks|
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to submit the application and to attend the interview on scheduled date and time.
- The post is purely on a temporary basis for the specified period and the candidate is subjected to termination on the expiry of the period or the project “CAAST-CSWAM” or by giving the notice of one month from either side.
- Canvassing in any form will make the candidate ineligible.
- It is to inform to note all the terms and conditions of the temporary employment as stated below.
Terms and conditions:
- The Research Associate will be under the administrative control of the concerned Co-Principal Investigator (Co-PI) and Principal Investigator (Pl).
- The engagement/appointment will stand terminated on completion of the tenure of the scheme or on the date stated in the appointment order whichever is earlier; whether so communicated formally on an individual basis or not. The University (MPKV) or this project (CAAST-CSA WM) holds no responsibility for regularization/ appointment by absorption or otherwise against any regular post on termination of the project as it is purely temporary; time-bound arrangement on contractual and co terminus basis with the project.
- The Research Associate shall have no legal right to claim his/her regularization/ appointment by absorption or otherwise against any regular posts or any further contractual engagement on termination of this CAAST-CSA WM Project. The engagement in the scheme is purely time-bound, non-regular and on co-terminus basis with the CAAST-CSA WM Project. The services of the incumbent shall stand terminated automatically on expiry of the project/appointment order whichever is earlier.
- If any Research Associate leaves his/her assignment without permission for one month, he/she will stand terminated from the date of his/her absence.
- The appointment of Research Associate will be terminated at any time by the issue of24 hours’ notice if the Research Associate found to be negligent in his/her work or found guilty of gross negligence in his/her duties or of grave misconduct or of discipline.
- Research Associate will not leave the project in the middle of his/her tenure. Further, however, if he/she intends to do so he/she has to give one month notice in writing in advance or remit the amount of one month’s salary. Alternatively, CAAST-CSA WM Project, MPKV can terminate the services of Research Associate by giving one month notice by citing no reasons thereof. Research Associate has not any right of claiming permanency benefit of the said post or such posts by virtue of this appointment.
- While leaving the job, Research Associate has to hand over the complete charge to a person nominated by the Principal Investigator and obtain No Objection Certificate from Principal Investigator.
- Since Research Associate are engaged for the CAAST-CSA WM Project work full time, the Research Associate will not be allowed to do any other work or to accept or hold another appointment with or without remuneration elsewhere.
- Research Associate will devote whole time to the assignment given and will not be allowed to accept or hold another appointment paid or otherwise during the period.
- Research Associates are full-time workers and are required to adhere to the administrative, financial and disciplinary regulations of University/Institute where the incumbent is working. Regular attendance of the Research Associate may be ensured by the concerned Co-Pl/Pl by keeping an attendance register.
- Research Associate will have to work anywhere in the jurisdiction of MPKV as and when the need arises.
- Research Associate has to perform all duties, responsibilities that will be assigned to him/her by the Principal Investigator/Co-Principal Investigator authorities as per the requirements of the project.
- The research or any work done by the Research Associate will be the property of the CAAST CSA WM Project, Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, and the Research Associate will have no control or right on the same.
- The CAAST-CSA WM Project, MPKV, Rahuri will have the intellectual property rights/proprietary right on research outputs of the RA made during the period of working in the CAAST-CSA WM Project. However, in case the RA has done some research work, his/her name can accordingly be acknowledged/included appropriately in the research paper(s) as solely decided by the PI. No right in this regard can be claimed.
- The Research Associate may be deputed by the PI to attend symposia/seminars/ conferences/workshop/training etc., in India.
- The Research Associate shall settle their claims within one month and in no case after the final settlement of the accounts of the scheme.
- The Research Associate should execute the bond-on-bond paper if Rs. 100/- stating the terms and conditions are acceptable to him/her and will abide by the same as per the format provided from time to time.
Similar GIS Jobs:
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai
- Map of Samastipur District