- Organization: Idaho State Tax Commission, State of Idaho
- Location: Boise, Idaho
- Salary: $27.15 – $29.75 Hourly
The Idaho State Tax Commission has TWO opportunities for a GIS Analyst III in GIS Development and GIS Education with Property Tax.
The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) staff is mandated by Idaho Code to map over 1,245 different taxing districts comprised of more than 3,288 tax code areas (TCA), to ensure that all areas are in compliance with Idaho Statutes and the Tax Commission’s Administrative Rules, and that property taxes are administered fairly and equitably.
Be part of the team that educates stakeholders, maps and generates funding for schools, cities, counties, local law enforcement, fire protection, highways, libraries, and more!
What’s In It for You?
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, and dental insurance
- PERSI defined benefit retirement plan
- Paid sick and vacation leaves start accruing your first day
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Paid Parental Leave covering the birth or adoption of a child for up to 8 weeks
- Permanent, full-time classified employment status after successful completion of an entrance probation
- Working in an office environment with other talented and highly motivated individuals
- Beautiful state campus with lots of free parking, walking paths, and centrally located in the valley on Chinden Blvd. in Boise
Why Join Us?
- OUR VISION: Great people. Helping you. Serving Idaho.
- OUR MISSION: Benefit the people of Idaho with courteous customer service and education by providing fair, efficient and effective revenue and tax administration.
- OUR VALUES: Fairness, Accountability, Integrity, Respect
Apply today!Example of Duties
Incumbent must possess considerable knowledge of GIS technologies and applications as they relate to the ESRI and Open Source GIS Software Suite to perform GIS workflows, including coordinate geometry (COGO), as well as data management, conversion, creation, editing, analysis and geoprocessing, visualization, and sharing.
Incumbent must possess good knowledge and ability to utilize programming/ scripting languages including Python, ArcPy, and SQL, as well as ArcGIS Pro Tasks, Modelbuilder, and Geoprocessing Tools.
Incumbent must possess good knowledge of surveying principles as they relate to cadastral mapping and the Public Land Survey System (PLSS).
Incumbent must possess good knowledge of database schemas, database design and ability to integrate databases and geodatabases across various proprietary platforms.
Incumbent must possess excellent communication and customer service skills. Independent judgement and decision-making. Strong attention to detail. Strong research skills.
Incumbent must have a good understanding of Idaho Statutes and Administrative Rule as they pertain to Idaho property tax.Minimum Qualifications
Considerable knowledge of GIS including analysis, data capture and data conversion; cartographic principles.
Good knowledge of GIS programming languages commonly used in the development of GIS programs; database management; web APIs.
Experience planning, designing and implementing GIS projects and preparing reports of findings; operating, applying, and programming GIS software products in a work environment.
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- Government GIS Jobs in Canada
- PhD and Post-Doctoral Positions in Remote Sensing and GIS
- Other Country
|Job Category||Earth Science, Geo-informatics, Geomatics, Geoscience|