Organization: Rural Farmers Hub
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
Jobs Description: Geoinformatics|GIS Engineer
At Rural Farmers Hub, our vision is to create innovation and access to every farmer in Africa. We accomplish this by developing and distributing precision management solutions for crop health & soil quality that benefits small farmers, plantations, and out-growers. In May 2022, we closed our pre-seed round. We work with reputable organisations in Nigeria like GIZ, Mercy Corps, Save the Children, IFDC, Sasakawa SG2000, World Bank, Launch Academy, Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), Shell Foundation, Airbus BizLab, among others. We are positively prospecting to include brands like Olam, Dantata Foods, and others to the list.The RoleRural Farmers Hub is looking for a Geoinformatic (Geospatial) Engineer with Machine Learning experience who is passionate about building cutting-edge location-based technologies. As a Geospatial Engineer and part of our Machine Learning team, s/he will actively research and execute state-of-the-art solutions for transforming the agriculture sector. We are looking for a talented engineer who is skilled in machine learning and possesses deep knowledge of satellite image processing. S/he can analyse problems, comprehend research papers, and deploy scalable solutions for real-world use. If you are that person, we have reserved a seat for you.
- Automate GIS processes
- Design and build machine learning pipelines for multispectral data points
- Integrating machine learning algorithms with other applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Geospatial Engineering or relevant field
- 3+ years of combined geospatial machine learning experience
- Experience with large-scale machine learning (100GB+ datasets)
- Experience with deep learning libraries and frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch etc.)
- Process optimization and model tuning
- Previous experience of deploying and maintaining machine learning models in production
- Experience writing maintainable, testable, production-grade Python code
- Experience with automated testing and test-driven development in Python
- Machine Learning model review, run the code refactoring and optimization, containerization, deployment, versioning, and monitoring of its quality
- Passion for technology with high propensity to learn quickly
- Creative problem solving & ability to handle high levels of pressure
- Strong relationship skills & ability to work with people at all levels
- Strong teamwork & cross collaboration capabilities
- Starting salary is N2,000,000 to N3,000,000 gross per annum, inclusive of pension and other statutory contributions.
- You will have the opportunity to partner with the founder to build & influence the experience of the company’s customers
- You will participate in the company’s shareholding through an employee share option program (ESOP).
- You will have the opportunity to work n an exciting startup environment that is scaling into a global company, with your involvement at the forefront of that global scaling efforts.
- Ability to grow with Nigeria as well into other geographies.
- We foster a fun & interpersonal environment, in our high-pressure environment
- We value & support each other as a team to ensure each team member realises their full potential & ultimately deliver quality as a team for all of our stakeholders
- We welcome a diverse range of opinions, partners & doers in the journey. We ensure that feedback flows consistently & we continuously improve ourselves in all we do
- We have a strong bias towards action.
- We collaborate with teams from different parts of the world which exposes you to different ways of working
- We give a high level of independence for you to foster & grow as an individual
- We are also incorporating new ways of working that are enhanced by technology
Working on a Founders Factory venture provides a rare opportunity for you to team up with world-class thinkers, entrepreneurs, and creators in building and launching a successful agritech startup. This role offers the freedom and excitement of working in a nippy early-stage startup coupled with a large organisation’s financial stability and resource access.This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to lead a game-changing startup with global growth aspirations and to help shape the future of Africa’s startup ecosystem.
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- Government GIS Jobs in Canada
- PhD and Post-Doctoral Positions in Remote Sensing and GIS
|Job Category||Geography, Geomatics, RS and GIS|