- Organization: CIFOR-ICRAF
- Location: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh
- Deadline: 23 December 2021
- Geoinformatics Data Scientist & Programmer (Ref. No. 2161) Trees Outside Forest in India (TOFI)
CIFOR is looking for a: Geoinformatics Data Scientist & Programmer
CIFOR-ICRAF is currently seeking to fill several positions in The Asia Continental Program (ACP) for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) for Trees Outside Forest in India (TOFI) program. The TOFI Program will run for five years – November 1, 2021 to October 31, 2026) in Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh. Initial appointment will be for a period of one year with a probation period of 3 months for Local Positions. Contracts will be renewed every year during the 5 years’ duration of TOFI, based on performance, timely delivery, and continued relevance for the position. All these positions will be under CIFOR-ICRAF umbrella, and while contributing to TOFI’s implementation; hired staff will also be actively engaged in overall CIFOR-ICRAF program in India. The positions may continue beyond TOFI subjected to availability of placement and funding.
- Job Category: Locally Recruited Position,
- Remuneration package: INR 1,200,888 – 2,321,607 p.a.
- Cash Benefits: Base salary, House rent allowance, fixed dearness allowance, leave travel allowance, children education allowance, etc
- Non-cash Benefits: The staff, spouse and two dependent children are entitled for in-patient medical health insurance policy; and for outpatient medical care (equivalent to one month salary plus fixed dearness allowance) for a calendar year
- Duty station: New Delhi, India with frequent travel within India.
The successful applicant will be based at New Delhi and will report to the Chief of the party, TOFI project, CIFOR-ICRAF. The incumbent will be responsible for geo-big data analytics, remote sensing data collection, processing and automation of mapping trees outside the forests and farming systems classification, mapping and monitoring of tree cover, development of data-driven decision support web portal, and associated smartphone application development, support of call center for farmers
network, and design and development of the real-time dashboard that show the on-farm research and outreach activities for result-based management and impacts.
Summary of responsibilities
- Development of the advances in the remote sensing and geoinformatics application for the agroforestry and tree outside the forests using state of the art geo-big data, machine learning and AI-based algorithms
- Contribute to developing web-based platforms and real-time dashboards, smartphone-based geospatial applications and decision support tools.
- Implementation of algorithms for multi-temporal and multispectral remote sensing data analysis in agriculture and TOF/Agroforestry applications.
- Collect and mange georeferenced/ GPS based field data and other ancillary data, convert field data in GIS format (vector/ raster/ geodatabase) using remote sensing and open-source software.
- Creating GIS /geodatabase based maps and reports and formulation of content for Geospatial app/dashboard/websites.
- Machine learning algorithms in the geospatial domain for automation for mapping, monitoring and suitably analysis in cloud computing platforms like Google Earth Engine platform and GEE APPs, python, R, etc.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code and maintain GitHub and GEE app.
- Work closely with design & product teams to integrate, implement & improve features with the latest technological advances.
- Stay updated with emerging technologies and implement them into the current code base and portals and apps.
- Be responsible for complete front-end and back-end development & maintenance.
- Contribute to institutional capacity building of national partners through training and technical backstopping.
- Analyze data and publish scientific findings in high impact ISI journals.
- Attend to any other work assigned by CIFOR-ICRAF.
- PhD in Geospatial Science, Geoinformatics, Remote Sensing & GIS, Geomatics, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science with proven knowledge of Geoinformatics applications or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of working experience on satellite data and digital image processing, classification, Geoinformatics analysis and
- At least 3 Years’ of experience in GEE programming for geospatial skills and apps
- Proven experience in remote sensing and GIS tools and applications; programming skills (R, Python, and Geospatial packages), Cloud computing platforms like Google earth engine etc.
- Working experience in development of Web based platforms (Dashboard) and smartphone- based applications development using open-source codes and tools.
- Working knowledge of Android app development & Geoportal development and management.
- Proven experience in field-based research, land use monitoring, assessment and change detection using Geoinformatics.
- Experienced with storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Excellent Analytical skills, computer skills: MS-Office, Internet Explorer, MS-Outlook, and power point presentation.
- Knowledge and experience in, participatory and community-based data collection using ODK based platforms.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills in English.
Personal attributes and competencies:
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision, but also lead and participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and good judgment
- Demonstrate high level of integrity
- Strong attention to detail and maintaining a timely and efficient workflow
- Strong flexibility/adaptability and positive attitude towards work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets
Terms and conditions
- This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position.
- Duration of the contract: One year renewable contingent upon availability of funds, continued relevance of position and performance of the incumbent.
- CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
- CIFOR-ICRAF reserves the right to modify the number of positions, locations, timeline or cancel the hiring as necessary.
- Based on the performance/ competencies and needs, hired staff may be relocated to other project locations upon mutual consent.
- The application deadline is 23 December 2021.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application online with cover letter, with at least three reference through CIFOR-ICRAF career page
- Application without cover letter and references will not be considered.
• Candidates should mention the position and location (if applicable) they are applying in the cover letter.
- We will acknowledge all applications, but will only contact short-listed candidates.
To apply, please visit our career site at: Geoinformatics Data Scientist & Programmer
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor.org, www.worldagroforestry.org, https://www.cifor-icraf.org
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where forestry and landscapes enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR-ICRAF are non-profit, scientific institutions that conduct research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. Our work focuses on innovative research, developing partners’ capacity, and actively engaging in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people. Our work spans the globe, with expertise in the ‘global South’. Founded in 1993 and 1978 respectively, CIFOR-ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Download Official Notification: Click here
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai