- Organization: NATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
- Location: NDMA Bhawan, A-1, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi —110029
- Deadline: 27/04/2022
Advertisement for one position of Consultant Grade-II (Cyclone) in National Disaster Management Authority (N DMA) on contract basis.
NDMA invites applications from Indian national having requisite qualification and experience for following position:-
|No. of Vac ancy||Educational Qualification||Post Qualification Experience||Max. Age|
|1||Consultant Grade-II (Cyclone)||Contractu al||1||Essential :-(i) Master degree in Atmospheric Science/ Civil Engineering/ Climatology/ Meteorology/ Coastal Engineering/ Ocean Engineering/ Oceanography/ Geology/ Geography/ Water Resources Management/ Hydrology/ Environmental Sciences, Disaster Management or equivalent in the relevant field. (ii) Experience in the area of Disaster Risk Reduction related to Cyclone and Coastal Management, is required. Desirable :- Persons with Ph.D., additional qualification, research experience, published papers with adequate post qualification experience in the relevant field would be preferred, Ph.D. from reputed university shall be given additional weightage.||Candidates should have 5-10 years post qualification experience in the|
- Remuneration Band :- Rs.1,25,000 — 1,75,000/- . Remuneration in respect of retired Government employee will be fixed as per Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure O.M. No. 3-25/2020-E111.A dated 09a1 December, 2020.
- The detailed terms and conditions and eligibility criteria (educational qualifications, age, experience etc) for engagement of above positions is indicated in the Term of Reference (ToR) of the above positions and may be seen on NDMA website at http://ndma.gov.in
- Essential /desirable educational qualifications and experiences will be verified with original certificates.
- NDMA reserve the right to over lower position of Consultant if no candidate found suitable for desired position of Consultant.
- Interested individuals may send their bio-data in the prescribed proforma available on the NDMA website alongwith certificates establishing their educational qualification, experience to Shri Abhishek Biswas, Under Secretary (Admn.), National Disaster Management Authority, NDMA Bhawan, A-1, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi-110029, Phone No. 011-26701700 within 20 days from the date of publication of advertisement in the employment news.
Terms of Reference for Consultant Cyclone: Grade (II)
|1||Background/Objec tive /Work Scope||Background: NDMA as the apex body is mandated to lay down the policies, plans and guidelines for Disaster Management to ensure timely and effective response to disasters. Specialist inputs in relevant discipline/areas of disaster management need to be provided to NDMA by Consultants/Sr Consultants. He/she will provide domain specific technical assistance in formulation of guidelines/conduct of subject relates training. Objectives: The consultant will assist NDMA in better management of Cyclones by providing scientific and technical support. The Consultant is expected to identify specific areas of interventions and assist NDMA in developing programmes and projects for efficient Cyclone Risk Mitigation.|
|Qualification, Eligibility and Experience||Master Degree in Atmospheric Science/Civil Engineering/Climatology/Meteorology/Coastal Engineering/Ocean Engineering/Oceanography/Geology/Geography/Water Resources Management/Hydrology/Environmental Sciences, Disaster|
Management or equivalent in the relevant field. Experience in the area of Disaster Risk Reduction related to Cyclone and Coastal Management, is required. Desirable: Persons with PhD. additional qualification, research experience, published papers with adequate post qualification experience in the relevant field would be preferred. Ph.D. from reputed university shall be given additional weight age.
|Deliverables/Scope of Work||Follow up the implementation of National Guidelines on|
Management of Cyclones circulated by National Disaster Management Authority to various agencies.Evolve a monitoring framework amongst the associated
stakeholders and facilitate formulation of policies and programmes pertaining to Cyclone management.Preparation of status note on Cyclone management in different states and identification of local best practices for implementation in other areas.Assist in better management of cyclones by providing suitable inputs for intervention and develop the programme module for efficient mitigation system.
e. Research on international best practices on early warning system and suggestions for necessary measures in the context of India and state specific enhancement of early warning system.
f. Study of the cyclone situation in the country and suggest appropriaie measures for mitigation vis-à-vis early warning, rescue relief and reconstruction programme to be taken by the concerned
ministries/departments of the Central government and State
g. Preparation of situation reports after cyclone.
h. Workout programme for capacity building and identify the key institutions and organizations working in this area.
i. Formulation of strategy for effective and efficient management and cyclones in the country.
j. Any other assignment/work on the subject which can be given by the Member concerned.
In addition to deliverables following task may be performed.
a. Advise on various issues of cyclone risk management.
b. Assist in Seminar/Workshops/ Meetings/Conferences.
c. Provide scientific and technical support and identify specific areas of interventions.
Any other necessary work for overall mitigation of cyclones.
|Name of the Position||Post Qualificatio n Experience||Upper Age Limit||Remuneration (In Rs.)|
|Consultant (Grade II)||5-10 Yrs||50 Yrs||1,25„000- 1,75,000|
|Any other work||Any other work to be assigned as per requirement by NDMA.|
|Schedule for Completion for Tasks||Initially the consultancy will be for a period of one (1) Year,|
extendable up to 3 years subject to performance review on annual basis.The NDMA can remove the incumbent at any time by giving one month’s notice or the incumbent can also resign from the assignment by giving one month’s notice to the Employer.
Download Official Detailed Notification: Click Here
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai
- GIS Jobs in Jaipur
|Job Category||Atmospheric Science, Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Geo-informatics, Geography, Govt GIS Jobs, RS and GIS|