- Location: Mountain View, CA, USA
- Company: Google
- Deadline: July 22, 2021
About the job
Google’s custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Hardware Testing Engineering team ensures that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. In the R&D lab, you design test equipment for prototypes of our machinery and develop the protocols used to scale these tests for the entire global team. Working closely with design engineers, you give input on designs to improve our hardware until you’re sure it meets Google’s standards of quality and reliability.
With your technical expertise, you create test plans for highly complex platforms (e.g., validating the interaction of multiple pieces of equipment at the networking and subsystem levels), and using your deep knowledge of component design characteristics, you diagnose highly complex hardware or software issues.
Google operates a geospatial mission in its Geo product area to assist users as they navigate and explore the world, wherever they are. Making that mission a reality includes a well oiled, effective operations team that is deployed in everything from moderating incoming user edits to ad hoc data evaluation to training machine learning models. The goal of Geo Data Operations is to contribute to Geo’s mission by delivering excellent geospatial data by utilizing human resources in the most valuable ways possible.
Geo builds the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users. More than a billion people rely on Google Maps services to explore the world and navigate their daily lives. That includes sailing down the Amazon river, choosing where to get a bite of pizza, and saving time in commuting.
Geo also helps merchants get their businesses on Google, and developers use the power of Google Maps to enhance their apps and websites. They are solving complex computer science problems, designing beautiful and intuitive product experiences, and improving the accuracy of our geo data, all in order to plot a course for the future of mapping.
- Support various hardware prototypes bring ups, failure analysis, field deployment testing, and manufacturing testing under minimal supervision.
- Create test plans, coordinate resources, and drive execution across many test environments.
- Perform electrical, reliability, and performance tests to ensure hardware solutions meet Google’s requirements.
- Build and maintain manufacturing test stations to include hardware and software for board level and system level testing.
- Act as technical person-of-c.ontact for external team inquires on hardware testing
- Experience in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in Manufacturing Testing
- Experience in System Testing
- Experience with hardware lab equipment (e.g., Deprecations, Migrations, and Mandates (DMM), oscilloscope, and logic analyzers)
- Demonstrated proficiency in more than one discipline related to hardware test, hardware qualification, and manufacturing testing
- Overall understanding of computer systems: physical, functional, logical, mechanical, electrical, software, thermal, and standard interfaces (i.e. PCIe, JTAG, I2C, SPI, etc.).
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings such as schematics, datasheets, and written work instructions.
- Experience with Linux/ChromeOS or other Unix operating systems and shell scripts
- Hardware Test Engineer, New Product Introduction (GIS) in Google
- Director, Product Management, Geo Enterprise in Google