- Location: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- Company: Google
- Deadline: July 22, 2021
About the job
In Geo, our mission is to assist people as they navigate and explore the world, wherever they are, through consumer apps such as Google Maps that serve billions of users. Geo Enterprise extends Geo’s mission by empowering millions of businesses and developers with real-world platforms and solutions that help people navigate, explore, and get things done in the real world with Google Maps Platform (GMP). Customers use GMP for experiences ranging from B2B2C (e.g., schedule a ride or find your next vacation), to B2B (manage a fleet of trucks or assess insurance risk). Geo Enterprise partners closely with both Google’s consumer product teams, as well as Google Cloud Platform to provide the best possible experience for users. As a Director of Product Management for Geo Enterprise, you will lead the overall Geo Enterprise data platform and Cloud solutions. Our GMP offerings are built with reliable comprehensive data for over 200 countries and territories and that keeps up with changing world through 50 million edits per day from billion plus users. You will partner closely with Geo consumer teams to develop and implement thoughtful platform strategies that reimagine and solve our customer’s use cases for data. You will do so while ensuring we treat all data with highest care and stewardship through aligning ecosystem incentives and developing enabling technologies.
Geo builds the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users. More than a billion people rely on Google Maps services to explore the world and navigate their daily lives. That includes sailing down the Amazon river, choosing where to get a bite of pizza, and saving time in commuting.
Geo also helps merchants get their businesses on Google, and developers use the power of Google Maps to enhance their apps and websites. They are solving complex computer science problems, designing beautiful and intuitive product experiences, and improving the accuracy of our geo data, all in order to plot a course for the future of mapping.
- Lead development of compelling product vision and strategy for Geo Enterprise and Cloud products that solve both vertical and broad customer use cases. Take ownership of finding solutions for customer data use cases.
- Develop and lead a disciplined product development process. Drive product insights, roadmap prioritization, and resource allocation. Establish go-to-market for the product line, including potential direct and indirect monetization strategies.
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders across all strategic and product areas of Google to gain buy-in, forge partnerships, and build enthusiasm for the product vision.
- Grow and develop a high-performing product team.
- 15 years in product management, including providing product vision and roadmaps, directing product launches through to writing product requirements and market requirements.
- Experience with developer-facing products, e.g., APIs and SaaS platforms.
- Experience managing B2B2C or B2B interfaces, focusing on the customer and their end users.
- Experience managing teams and working with cross-functional partners.
- Experience with Cloud platforms, data platforms, geospatial concepts.
- Experience with big data, analytics, and AI/ML.
- Exposure to data rights, licensing, and data regulation issues.
- Expertise in building and leading high-performing teams to achieve challenging goals.
- Ability to drive innovation across multiple surfaces and inspire the team to build for the future.
- Ability to drive product excellence across many different product lines.