- Organization: TomTom
- Job Location: Pune, India
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better. (Data Scientist)
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
TomTom is hiring an experienced data scientist in our maps engineering team. As a Senior Data Scientist, you are passionate about computer visions, statistical sampling and analytic methods, deploying machine learning models @ scale in the production, monitoring and tuning them via active feedback loops. You will be part of agile unit and will be collaborating with engineers, data engineers, map and location experts and fellow data scientists.
As an experienced data scientist, you will help to make location content best-in-class by advocating for and implementing changes to technology, process, tools, and systems. We look for people who are curious, innovative, out of box thinker, loves taking risk and work to make system better every day. In this role, the person is expected to take on critical tasks such as productionizing, deploying, testing and monitoring of machine learning models including exposing them as service.What you’ll do
- Draw insightsby manipulatingSatellite imagery,vertical imagery,street level imagery,GPS traces, etc.individuallyandbyfusingseveralcombinations ofthesesources
- Use these sourcesindividually or their combinationstopredictvarious mapfeaturesand attributesbytrainingstatistical models/ ML models
- Applying various data science methods coupled with Computer vision like CNN, explore and experiment on new models through research papers or via various frameworks
- Develop processes and tools to monitorand analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Automate feedback loops for algorithms in productionthrough standardization of process and authoring best practices
- Collaborate with teams to bring synergy
- Mentor/Coach/Guideteam membersaspire to becomeaData Scientist
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s/Masters/PHDinComputer science, Mathematics, Statisticsor equivalent field and must have min. 8+ years ofoverallexperience
- Minimum 2-3Years of experience working as a Data Scientistin deploying ML at scale in production
- Experienceinslicing and dicingoflarge data sets to draw insights
- Experiencein variousmachine learning techniques(e.g. Convolutional Neural Network, Object detection,NLP,Decision tree,Regression,etc..)and frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow,PyTorch,Scikit-learn,etc.)
- Experience in deploying trainedmodels for high scalabilityonpubliccloud platforms (AWS/Azure)using Dockers/Kubernetes
- Experience working with data technologies that allow effective storage and analysis of large amounts of data (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, S3,etc).
- Strong level of proficiency in Python, Unix/Linux and SQL
- Active participation incompetitions on a platform such as Kaggle
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellentwritten, verbal and presentation skills
- A drive to learnnew technologies
- Expertise in designing and testing experiments
- Knowledge and experience with using GIS tools for spatial data analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Meet your team: MAPS Product Unit
Part of TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit, the Maps product unit is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining this product unit, you can help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values: We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – it’s how we make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple because life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened
closely, and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments, conversations and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?
Similar GIS Jobs:
- West Bengal Map
- Geospatial Intelligence and Machine Learning Applications in the Air Force: An In-Depth Analysis
- Honorary Doctorate – ‘Dr’
- Share your Current location with Friends