- Organization: DEFENCE RESEARCH & DEVELOPPMENT ORGANISATION, DEFENCE GEOINFORMATICS RESEARCH ESTABLISHMENT.
- Location: HIM PARISAR, PLOT NO-01, SECTOR 37A , CHANDIGARH. — 160036 (UT)
- Deadline: April 11, 2022
WALK-IN-INTERVIEW FOR THE POSITION OF JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW (JRF) & RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (11A)
Applications are invited from the interested candidates for the following positions at DGRE, Chandigarh:-
|1.||Essential: Subject: Ph.D in Geology/Geo-informatics/Remote Sensing. or equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching or design and development experience after M.E./M.Tech with at least 2 research papers in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal. |
Desirable: (i) Experience in Rock Mass Characterization, Analogous Terrain Identification using earth observation and Geological Field ‘Surveys, Geomorphology and tectonic studies along with good hands on experience of different GIS software and Field Investigation,
|Essential: Post Graduate Science Degree in first division with NET/GATE in fields of Remote Sensing/Geo-Informatics. OR ME or M,Tech in first division (both at Graduate and Post Graduate level) in the fields of Remote Sensing/Geo-Informatics. Desirable: Good working knowledge about: Different Image Processing and GIS software like QGIS, ArcGIS, ENVI, ERDAS etc., Hyperspectral remote sensing data analysis.Exposure to AWL based analysis and modeling.||02 No.|
|c•-;||Essential• B.E./13.Tech with first division in Computer Science & Engineering/Computer Engineering with NET/GATE OR M.E/M.Tech (Computer Science/Computer Engineering) with first division both at Graduate and Post Graduate level. OR M.Sc (Computer Science.) with first division with NET/GATE Desirable: (1) Knowledge of Machine Learning/AI tools & techniques. Knowledge of image processing/GIS software, such as ERDAS, AreGIS, QGIS, etc.Knowledge of Python, C–HE , MATLAB, Predictive modeling, etc,||02 No|
- Duly filled application (Annexurc–1) along with self-attested copies of Mark sheets/Certificates, Caste certificate, Experience certificates, publications if any, to be sent by Registered/Speed Post to The Director Defence Geoinformatics Research Establishment (DGRE), Him Parisar Plot No. 01 Sector 37A Chandigarh (UT) — 160036. The envelope should be superscribed with the Post Sr. No, The closing date for submission of application is 21 days from the date of publishing of advertisement in the Employment News.
- Application form can be downloaded from the website : www.drdo.gov.in/whats-new
- Screening of the application will be carried out and only short-listed candidates will be called for walk-in interview as per schedule intimated via e-mail (gmail).
- Incomplete / partially filled applications would not be accepted.
- Candidates working in Govt. /Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Bodies should produce NOC at the time of interview.
- The selection through walk-in interview will be purely provisional and subject to verification of documents and original certificates. The candidature will be rejected if any mismatch/canvassing is noticed in details regarding qualification, discipline, percentage of marks or non-fulfillment of any specified criteria at the time of joining.
- Maximum age 28 years for JRF & 35 years for RA and relaxation in age for 05 years for SC/ST and 03 years for OBC as per govt. rules.
- For field data collection, the selected person will have to regularly visit and stay in the snow bound, glaciated region of Himalaya, as per requirement.
- The positions are purely temporary. The offer of fellowship will not confer any right for regular appointment /absorption in DRDO. The period of fellowship will not count for the purpose of seniority, other Govt. benefit in DRDO in ease of appointment at a later date.
- The tenure of Junior Research Fellowship is initially for a period of two years and for Research Associate total tenure for a period of two years only or co-terminus with the project whichever is earlier.
- The fellowship may be terminated at any time during the tenure with a prior notice of one month.
1.0ne candidate can apply only for one fellowship as per their essential and desirable qualification.
2.The number of fellowships may increase or decrease depending upon the prevailing requirement.
3.No govt. accommodation would be provided by the organization to the candidates.
4.The candidates shall be shortlisted for the interview on the basis of criteria in order of preference:-
(1) Score of national written test of NET/GATE.
(ii) Percentage of marks obtained in minimum qualifying degree. (will be considered only when a candidate has not appeared in NET/GATE )
Date of Interview for walk-in interview: To be intimated to shortlisted candidates.
Last date for receipt of application forms: 21 days from the date of publishing of advertisement in the Employment News.
Sr Admin Officer-I
Defence Geoinformatics Research Establishment
Ph (0): 0172-2699804-06, Extn: 202
Fax (0): 0172-2699802
Download Official Detailed Notification: Click Here
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
|Job Category||Geo-informatics, Govt GIS Jobs, RS and GIS|