- Organization: World Resources Institute (WRI)
- Location: Mumbai, India
Senior Program Communications Associate – Urban Development
Who we are and what we do?
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 150 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Program Overview for Sustainable Cities and Transport
At WRI India Ross Center we focus on 10 integrated solutions to urban challenges. Through applied research, tools, hands-on advice, and by tapping our network of global experts, we accelerate transformative urban initiatives that have the power to change Indian cities into thriving, equitable and low-carbon places that are good for people and the planet.
Working at WRI India Ross Center offers you the unique opportunity to learn and grow as you collaborate with a diverse set of change agents across Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. As India’s biggest urban focused think and do tank, we seek thoughtful, enterprise-minded and sensitive individuals who can help us support this transformation and make a positive difference to citizens’ everyday lives.
About your role:
The Senior Associate – Communications will work closely with the Urban Development team and the communications team. The role entails creating communication on ongoing and upcoming project and initiatives along with coordinating for digital outreach initiatives and liaising with media and other partners. The primary responsibility of this role is content creation that involves writing, editing, and proof-reading while digital outreach, social media content creation, newsletter content collation, website updates, event coordination and media outreach are additional responsibilities.
A candidate with a background in mass communications / data journalism / literature, social or environmental studies or an associated field will be preferred.
Excellent English writing, proof reading and editing skills along with independent research capabilities. Ability to work under deadlines and delivering quality work. The candidate must also have some digital content creation experience. Visual design knowledge/interest and proficiency in spoken Marathi would be a plus.
How your day will unfold:
• Provide writing, editing and proof-reading support.
• Help team members write blogs and proof/edit to meet WRI India’s standards.
• Write press releases, newsletters, and social media content along with ideating, facilitating, and editing op-eds for external publication. Check for length, language, flow, spelling and grammar.
• Document activities – challenges, opportunities and impact.
• Serve as liaison between WRI India communications and program staff to develop program-related communications.
• Manage quality control and ensure timely dissemination of emailers and newsletters.
Website & Social Media –
• Perform quality control checks on all new and revised content for websites and social media.
• Work closely with WRI India communications staff to ensure that the team’s work and news coverage is promptly and systematically shared on the organization’s social media platforms, websites and in any newsletters, recap mailers or for external media outreach.
• Ability to create/supervise simple social media infographics/visuals and disseminate research data in a visually appealing format would be a plus.
• Facilitating webinars that involve digital planning and social media coverage in collaboration with the social media team.
• Contribute to web projects and manage backend updates.
Coordination and Other Responsibilities –
• Support event coordination for seminars, webinars, workshops, etc
• Communicating and coordinating with media, partners and other stakeholders.
• Reaching out to industries and supporting the electric mobility conversation on Indian and global platforms.
• Ensuring that all WRI India content disbursed to the media is precise, factual, and legally sound. Also, ensuring WRI India’s branding and style guides are adhered to in all outreach materials.
• Mapping media to specific work and pitching relevant stories in collaboration with the media lead.
• Identifying key messages and packaging and pitching stories for dissemination.
• On-ground support for events and workshops and coordinating with local vendors.
Qualifications and Requirements we seek:
• Minimum 4-7 years of full-time experience working:
• In an editorial capacity
• Reporter/Correspondent in print, electronic or online media with experience in covering a beat
• Media communicator in the social sector or an environmental organization
• Experience of working in Mumbai/ Maharashtra will be a plus
• Excellent writing and editing skills in English.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to build and maintain productive relationships internally and externally.
• Capability to communicate complex ideas in well-organized, everyday language.
• Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines, manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Enthusiasm, flexibility, technical curiosity, and willingness to learn.
• Understanding of how websites are built and basic troubleshooting.
• Basic familiarity with design software (Canva, Photoshop) is an added benefit.
• Proficiency in speaking and reading Marathi would be a definite plus.
Salary and Benefits: 11,00,000 to 13,00,000 CTC PA
Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Duration: 1 year (Extendable based on performance and project requirements)
Location: Mumbai, India
List of Documents to be attached:
- Cover Letter
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview purpose.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
People-centric to the core:
We keep our people at the centre of everything we do – from a welcoming work environment to benefits and a culture that encourages staff to stay healthy, happy, engaged, and growing.
Some of the non-monetary benefits that our staff get:
Health benefits: We cover health insurance for you and your loved ones for up to INR 8 lakhs
Term Insurance: Our term insurance policy covers life coverage of 50 lakhs per staff member
Employee Assistance program: Promoting mental well-being and supporting staff in achieving a satisfying work-life balance
Digital healthcare service: Online doctor consultations for your primary healthcare needs
Flexible work schedule: Alternative work arrangements for all who are eligible by nature of their job
Learning culture: Workshops and trainings to empower staff, encourage new learning opportunities
Rest and Recharge weeks: We encourage staff to take time off to rest, rejuvenate, upskill, and pursue their interests.
Our leave policy: Avail personal time off at 36 per year, along with public holidays, maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves.
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.
Click here to know more about our benefits Careers | WRI INDIA (wri-india.org)
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
|Job Category||Urban Planner|