- Organization: Larson Design Group (LDG)
- Location: Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Job Description (Senior GIS Analyst Team Lead)
Larson Design Group (LDG) is a growing, employee-owned (ESOP), Architectural, Engineering, Planning, and Surveying firm with 13 office locations across Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, West Virginia, Arizona and Florida. We are committed to the progress and development of our company, employees, and community offering growth opportunities, hybrid work environment, competitive compensation and benefits package.
The Senior GIS Analyst will provide leadership and support in developing spatial data management solutions and analytics and is responsible for providing project and operational support through Geographic Information System (GIS) utilization. This position is responsible for leading project teams, communicating with stakeholders, developing plans, integrating new and existing data sets to perform various analyses and preparation of paper and electronic deliverables, establishing systems, and analyzing processes for internal and external clients.
- Manages GIS architecture and administration.
- Provides GIS technical expertise to clients and department staff.
- Provides project coordination for specific GIS projects and implementation of other related new systems.
- Identifies areas where change, use, or increased use of GIS systems would provide increased speed, accuracy or efficiency within the divisions.
- Monitors trends in industry and technology development, leads identification and implementation to expand use of Geospatial technologies within firm and client environments.
- Leads integration of GIS with relevant technologies (i.e. CAD, BIM) or Enterprise Systems (i.e. Asset Management, Work Order Management, Financial Systems).
- Develops software standards for geo-referencing information.
- Trains and educates users on CAD and GIS programs and their effective usages.
- Participates in departmental business development activities and leads when appropriate.
- Communicates with clients.
- Directs, mentors, and guides team members and staff; provides performance evaluations and reviews as directed.
- Education: Master’s Degree in GIS Management with emphasis on Information Technology strongly preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in GIS related field (Survey Technology, Geography, Geology, Geophysics, Computer Science).
- Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years of related experience
- Licensure/Certification: GISP preferred.
Advanced technical breadth and depth in Geospatial data manipulation, management, and analysis. Coursework in GIS, GPS, and Data Collection and preferred trainings on ESRI ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Enterprise.
Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Strong facilitation and negotiation skills. Effective liaison for cross-functional projects. Ability to work independently and as a team leader to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner. Ability to plan and oversee implementation of complex projects and processes of a firm-wide nature.
Larson Design Group is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
|Job Category||CAD, Geo-informatics, Geography, Geophysics, RS and GIS|