- Organization: National Institute of Hydrology
- Location: Jalvigyan Bhawan, Roorkee – 247 667 (Uttarakhand)
- Deadline: 26.11.2023
Job Description (Scientist C)
Online applications are invited for the following posts to be filled up by direct recruitment in National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee at its Headquarter and Regional Centres at Guwahati, Belgavi, Patna, Kakinada, Jammu, Bhopal and Jodhpur or any part of the country where the Institute may set up offices/ regional centres from Indian Nationals satisfying qualifications and experience as under:
|Name of post
|Pay Level in the Pay Matrix
|Total no. of posts
|Level – 11 (Rs.67700- 208700)
|Not exceeding 45 years
[SC – Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribes,]
Note: The number of posts in each category may increase or decrease at the time of selection.
The online option will remain open for a period of 30 days after it is published in Employment News. The print out of completed online application along with all relevant supporting documents duly self attested addressed to the Senior Administrative Officer, National Institute of Hydrology, Jalvigyan Bhawan, Roorkee – 247 667 (Uttarakhand) must reach in the Institute within 10 days from the last date of online submission of application by Speed/Registered Post only. The A4 size envelope containing complete application should be superscribed “Application for the post of .
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Scientist C
i. Educational/Academic Qualifications:
At least 60% marks or equivalent in Master’s Degree (with Under Graduate degree in Engineering with at least 60% marks or equivalent) in any one of the following specializations:
Civil Engineering/Agricultural Engg./Instrumentation Engg./Computer Engg./ Water Resources/ Hydrology/ Hydraulics/ Irrigation/Soil & Water Conservation/Environmental Engg/Remote Sensing & GIS/Geo-informatics.
Doctorate degree (with PG degree in Engg./Science with at least 60% marks or equivalent) in any one of the following specializations as may be specialised according to requirements:
Water Resources/ Hydrology/ Physics/ Chemistry/Mathmatics/Earth Science/ Environmental Sciences/Instrumentation/Geo-Hydrology/Hydrogeology/Water Quality/Meterology/Nuclear Hydrology/Remote Sensing and GIS.
- Experience of 3 years in Research & Development organizations and/or academic and/or industrial institutions, out of which at least 2 years should be at Scientist B in Level-10 (Rs. 56100-177500) in the pay matrix or equivalent.
- Publications in reputed national and international journals dealing with hydrology and water resources.
- Desirable: Proven ability to develop and execute research projects.
- Educational qualification should be duly recognized by UGC/AICTE.
- The qualification(s) regarding experience is relaxable at the discretion of the competent authority in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes if at any stage of selection,the competent authority is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience is not likely to be available to fill up the vacancy reserved for them.
- Screening Committee can exercise discretion regarding fulfilment of experience criteria in the specified pay scales, and equivalence of pay matrix.
- For a candidate holding Ph.D. degree in engineering, before joining the first regular service, the time spent on Ph.D. shall be considered as research experience up to a maximum of three years.
- For a candidate holding Ph.D. degree in Sciences, the time spent on Post doctoral research before joining the first regular service shall be considered as research experience up to a maximum of two years.
Age: Relaxation in age limit up to 5 years for Government/Autonomous Bodies/Public Sector employees in accordance with instructions or orders issued by the Government of India from time to time in this regard on the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates.
Note: The crucial date for determining the age-limit shall be the closing date of submission of online applications.
GENERAL CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- All the above posts carry usual pay & allowances as admissible under the Central Government Rules. The NPS is available in the Institute.
- Those already in Govt. service should send their application through proper channel. The concerned department while forwarding their applications should give/furnish the following certificate/ documents:
- Certified that the Information furnished in the application are correct from the service records of the candidates and found correct.
- Certified that no vigilance or disciplinary case is either pending or being contemplated.
- Certified that no minor / major penalty has been imposed on him/ her during the last ten years and
- APAR dossier for last 5 years.
- If the number of candidates is too large, the Institute reserves the right to short list the candidates to be called for interview/written examination as decided by the Screening Committee.
- The candidates called for interview will be paid TA as per Institute’s Rules. However, no TA shall be paid for written examination.
- Applications not accompanied by the certified copies of certificates (including proof of qualifications. Age, caste certificate, etc) and applications received after due date for any reason (including postal delay) are liable to be summarily rejected. No representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances.
- The envelope containing the application form should superscribed in bold letter as “Application for Post of NIH, Roorkee.”.
- The hardcopy of application filled online should be submitted to the Senior Administrative Officer, National Institute of Hydrology, Jal Vigyan Bhawan, Roorkee- 247667 (Uttrakhand) within 10 days from the last date of online submission of application by Speed/Registered Post only.
- Applications without generation of Online Acknowledgement Slip/Registration number shall not be considered.
- All the dispute/litigation, if any, will be subject to Roorkee (Uttrakhand) jurisdiction only.
- Candidates are advised to visit the Institute website regularly for any updates regarding the recruitment of these vacancies.
Procedure for applying online
- Candidates are first required to go to the NIH’s website www.nihroorkee.gov.in and click on the link ‘Career and Opportunities’ and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR ADVERTISEMENT NO. 2023/04” to open the On-Line Application Form.
- To register application (one time only), choose the tab “Register NOW!” and enter Name, Email ID password. Candidate should remember his/her email id and password.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “Save & Continue” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the ” Save & Continue ” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same, if required.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Mother etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the 10th Class Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ” Save & Continue”’.
- Candidates need to upload Passport size Photo & Signature (Preferred size: 4.5cm × 3.5cm); max size 500 KB and 100 KB respectively.
- Candidates need to fill each section then he/she can proceed to fill details of other sections of Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Details to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMISSION. Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, and signature are uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Final Submit’ button.
Note: After online filing of applications, candidates are required to take a printout of their system generated online application forms and acknowledgment slip and make sure sending the hard copy within stipulated time..
Download Official Detailed Notification: Click Here
ArcGIS Data Scientist Earth Science ESRI Jobs geoinformatics jobs Geospatial jobs GIS gis analyst gis careers giscareers gis jobs gisjobs GIS jobs in Bangalore GIS Jobs in BENGALURU gis jobs in Chandigarh gis jobs in dehradun GIS Jobs in Delhi gis jobs in Gurgaon gis jobs in Haryana gis jobs in Hyderabad gis jobs in India gis jobs in Maharashtra gis jobs in Mumbai GIS jobs in New Delhi gis jobs in pune gis jobs in Punjab gis jobs in raipur gis jobs in roorkee gis jobs in Telangana gis jobs in Uttarakhand gis mapping jobs GIS Openings GIS Specialist gis vacancy Junior Research Fellow NESAC Jobs PhD Position post doctoral position Postdoctoral Research Assistant Postdoctoral Researcher Remote Sensing remote sensing and gis jobs remote sensing jobs Research Scientist WebGIS
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai
- GIS Jobs in Jaipur
|Geo-informatics, Geography, Geology, Geomatics, Govt GIS Jobs