- Organization: Goa University
- Location: Taleigao Plateau, Goa – 403206
- Deadline: 22/01/2024
Job Description (Professor-Remote Sensing and GIS)
Goa University invites applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of the following vacancies of teaching posts on regular basis. Those who have applied in response to the advertisement vide Notification-XXVI dated 24/08/2023 need not apply again. Application form and information Brochure containing detailed information such as qualifications/experience, scale of pay etc. are available at University website www.unigoa.ac.in. Last date for submission of online application form is 22/01/2024.
Information Brochure for recruitment to the posts of Associate Professor and Assistant
Professor on regular basis.
Applications are invited online in the prescribed format for the posts of Associate Professors and Assistant Professors. The online application form is available at University website www.unigoa.ac.in with effect from 22/12/2023.
Application Fees : 1000/- (please see the instructions page for details)
7000/- for candidates from abroad
SC/ST category candidates have to pay only 50% (fifty percent) of the application fees. Physically
disabled candidates are exempted from the payment of application fees.
The application fee as indicated above can be paid online by way of debit card or credit card or any other online mode. The details regarding educational qualifications/experience etc. are given in the Information Brochure. Applications duly completed in all respects along with the prescribed application fee and relevant enclosures shall be submitted online on or before 22/01/2024.
The University shall have the right to fill up the post at the Associate Professor level by Assistant Professor level if an eligible/meritorious candidate is not available at the level of Associate Professor.
Certificates in support of claim, as obtained from the competent authority of the State of Goa, and having validity on the date of submission of the application should be submitted if the candidate belongs to Scheduled Tribe/ Other backward class and for candidates under Economically Weaker Section category.
The minimum qualifications required and the scale of pay for these posts are as prescribed in the Goa University Statutes (SB-15) which are formulated on the basis of UGC Regulations – 2018. Accordingly, the essential and desirable qualifications/pay scales etc. prescribed for various posts in the Schools are as given below:
The pay protection shall be provided to the persons already teaching in government or government aided institutions, as per the provisions of relevant statutes.
The other service conditions shall be as per the provisions of Goa University Statute SB-15.
Further, the following additional requirements shall be essential for direct recruitment to all the posts.
a) Minimum of 15 years of Residence in Goa.
Provided that, where no suitable candidate with 15 years residency in Goa is available, the Selection
Committee shall be permitted to recommend the selection of a candidate who does not meet the stated
15 years residency requirement.
b) Knowledge of Konkani. Additionally, knowledge of Marathi shall be desirable
I. The National Eligibility Test (NET) or State Eligibility Test (SET) conducted by Savitribai Phule Pune University shall remain the minimum eligibility for appointment of Assistant Professor and equivalent positions wherever provided in the Statutes.
(i) Provided that candidates who have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University
Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulation, 2009, or the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M. Phil/Ph. D. Degree) Regulation, 2016, and their subsequent amendments from time to time, as the case may be, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or any equivalent position.
(ii) Provided further that the award of degree to candidates registered for the M. Phil / Ph. D. programme
prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Byelaws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree. All such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in University subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in regular mode only;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers, based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar of the University concerned.
II. The clearing of NET/SET shall not be required for candidates in such disciplines for which NET/SET has not been conducted.
III. A minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) at the Master’s level shall be the essential qualification for direct recruitment of teachers and other equivalent cadres at any level.
(1) A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC)(Noncreamy Layer)/Differently- abled ((a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid-attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness;
(e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) including deaf- blindness) for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility of at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
(2) A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph. D. Degree holders who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
(3) A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university, at the Master’s level shall also be considered valid.
(4) The Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for appointment and promotion to the post of Professor.
(5) The Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for appointment and promotion to the post of
(6) The time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. and / or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching/ research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions. Further the period of active service spent on pursuing Research Degree simultaneously with teaching assignment without taking any kind of leave, shall be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment/ promotion. Regular faculty members up to twenty per cent of the total faculty strength (excluding faculty on medical / maternity leave) shall be allowed to take study leave for pursuing Ph.D. degree.
Download Official Detailed Notification: Click Here
Online Apply: Click Here
ArcGIS Data Scientist Earth Science ESRI Jobs geoinformatics jobs Geospatial jobs GIS gis analyst gis careers giscareers gis jobs gisjobs GIS jobs in Bangalore GIS Jobs in BENGALURU gis jobs in Chandigarh gis jobs in dehradun GIS Jobs in Delhi gis jobs in Gurgaon gis jobs in Haryana gis jobs in Hyderabad gis jobs in India gis jobs in Maharashtra gis jobs in Mumbai GIS jobs in New Delhi gis jobs in pune gis jobs in Punjab gis jobs in raipur gis jobs in roorkee gis jobs in Telangana gis jobs in Uttarakhand gis mapping jobs GIS Openings GIS Specialist gis vacancy Junior Research Fellow NESAC Jobs PhD Position post doctoral position Postdoctoral Research Assistant Postdoctoral Researcher Remote Sensing remote sensing and gis jobs remote sensing jobs Research Scientist WebGIS
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai
- GIS Jobs in Jaipur
|Geo-informatics, Geography, Geomatics, Govt GIS Jobs