- Organization: North Eastern Space Applications
- Location: Umiam, Meghalaya
- Walk-in-interview: 08.12.2021 (Wednesday) at NESAC, Umiam at 08:30 AM (reporting time).
Job Description (Junior Research Fellow):
North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC), Umiam is an autonomous body functioning under the Department of Space and North Eastern Council (NEC) to assist development process in North Eastern Region using space science and technology. It undertakes specific applications projects using remote sensing, GIS, satellite communication and conducting space science research. The Centre’s services are helpful in natural resources management, infrastructure planning, health, education, disaster management and Earth Observation Applications Mission.
NESAC proposes to recruit the following position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) purely on project basis for the following project, through walk-in-interview scheduled on 08.12.2021 (Wednesday) at NESAC, Umiam at 08:30 AM (reporting time). Candidates may required to stay for interview for the next day also, at your own expenses.
|Post Code No.||No. of positions||Project Name||Essential Qualifications||Desirable qualification|
|WI-01||01||Flooding scenario generation and discharge based downstream impact study in Assam for Ranganadi, Doyang & Kurichhu hydro power projects.||M.E./ M.Tech in Civil Engineering (in water resources related specialization)/ Agriculture Engineering (in water resources related specialization)/ Water Resources/ Water Resources Engineering/ Hydrology or equivalent in First Class with NET/GATE. OR M.E./ M.Tech in Civil Engineering (in Remote Sensing & GIS related specialization)/ Remote Sensing & GIS/ Geoinformatics/ Geomatics or equivalent with specialization or dissertation or thesis in Water Resources/ Water Resources Engineering/ Hydrology/ or equivalent in First Class with NET/GATE. OR M.Sc. in Remote Sensing & GIS/ Applied Geology/ Geology/ Environmental Science or equivalent with specialization or dissertation or thesis in Water Resources related areas in First Class with NET/GATE. OR M.Sc. in Remote Sensing & GIS/ Applied Geology/ Geology/ Environmental Science or equivalent with specialization or dissertation or thesis in Water Resources related areas in First Class with N-JET in RS & GIS specialization.||Experience in Hydrological and Hydraulic Modelling using Remote Sensing & GIS inputs etc.|
|WI-02||01||Carbon Dynamics Assessment in Tropical Forests of Northeast India using Multi-Sensor Data.||M.Sc. Forestry/ Forest Science/ Environmental Science/ Ecology & Environmental Science/ Environment Management/ Life Science/ Agriculture/ Forestry & Biodiversity/ Botany/ Remote Sensing & GIS/ Geo-informatics or equivalent, with graduation in Science and valid NET/GATE. OR M.Sc. Forestry/ Forest Science/ Environmental Science/ Ecology & Environmental Science/ Environment Management/ Life Science/ Agriculture/ Forestry & Biodiversity/ Botany/ Remote Sensing & GIS/ Geo-informatics or equivalent, with graduation in Science and valid N-JET. OR M.Tech in Remote Sensing & GIS/ Geo- informatics/ Spatial Information or equivalent with Graduation in Science and valid NET/GATE.||Knowledge of field sampling/ ecological data collection/ socio- economic survey, etc. or handling RS & GIS software.|
- The applicants for JRF positions should qualify one of the following tests and the year of acquiring qualification along with score have to be furnished in the online applications:
- CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test, including NET-Lecturership
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by MHRD
- Joint Admission Test (JAM) conducted by MHRD
- Biotechnology Eligibility Test & Test conducted in Bio-informatics by Bio-informatics National Consortium
- Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST), Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology & Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS) conducted by Department of Atomic Energy.
- All India Competitive Examination (AICE) conducted by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
- State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) conducted on behalf of the UGC by the National Testing Agency.
- NESAC JRF Eligibility Test (N-JET). The N-JET 2018 was conducted at NESAC on 13.03.2018. Candidates having valid Score Cards may apply directly.
II. NET/NET Equivalent qualifications should be in the discipline/specialization of the essential qualification.
III. All Engineering disciplines, GATE qualification is mandatory.
IV. Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course or M.E/M.Tech/M.Plan OR Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or M.Sc./B.E/B.Tech/B.Plan in the selection process are described through any one of the following:
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Test – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant professorship) and GATE.
- The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR,ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
- GENERAL NOTE:
- Candidates having M.E./M.Tech degree in the relevant discipline must clearly mention with supporting proof, the specialization/ dissertation/ thesis in the relevant field for consideration of their application.
- Teaching experience in the related fields will be considered provided necessary supporting document by the concerned authority of the Institute on the list of subjects taught by the applicant.
- Experience letter should contain the details of work done by the applicant under different projects.
- In case of foreign degree holders where the documents/degree/certificates are not in English then translation and authorized transcription must be attached and equivalency certificate from Association of Indian University (AIU) must also be scanned and attached. Failure to produce equivalency certificate at the time of interview shall lead to disqualification.
- The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make a candidate eligible for Interview.
- The Centre reserves the right not to fill up any of the posts, if it so decides.
- 2. AGE LIMIT: Maximum Age 28 years as on 08.12.2021 but relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST and 3 years in case of OBC candidates. Age relaxation as per Government of India orders are applicable to Ex-Servicemen, Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
- 3. TENURE OF THE POSITIONS:
All the above positions are purely on project basis and co-terminus with the project without any provision for regularization. Junior Research Fellows will be engaged initially for ONE YEAR or the period of the Project whichever is earlier and is extendable for further periods based on assessment of their work and requirement of project. The maximum period of engagement of Junior Research Fellow shall not exceed FIVE years or project duration whichever is earlier. The fellowship will not confer any claim or right for regular employment in NESAC and the services are liable to be terminated without any notice and without assigning any reasons thereof.
The Director, NESAC reserves the right to cancel/postpone the interview without any reason thereof. He also reserves the right to terminate the services, even before completion of the project for which no appeal thereof shall be made.
- 4. EMOLUMENTS & OTHER BENEFITS: Fellowship amount: ₹ 31,000/-
In addition to the above mentioned fellowship amount, HRA at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting/HRA sanctioned under the respective project whichever is less will be paid and Medical benefits for self only will be allowed as per extant rules. The fellowship amount shall be taken as Basic pay for this purpose.
Junior Research Fellows are eligible only for casual leave. Maternity leave as per Govt. of India instructions would be available to all female JRFs. Apart from this, the candidates selected will not be entitled to any benefits or concessions admissible to regular employees.
The Centre provides canteen facilities, library facilities, free transport facilities etc.
- 5. HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and eligible candidates are required to directly come to the venue along with their Biodata (as per prescribed format) and all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in the Biodata along with a set of self-attested photocopies. Candidates who are already employed under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies will also have to produce the ‘No Objection Certificate’, in original, at the time of interview. In case the candidate fails to produce any of the above documents or if any information furnished in the Biodata is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed. The B i o d a t a f o r m a t is hosted in the NESAC web-site www.nesac.gov.in.
· Biodata should be neatly typed in the prescribed Biodata Format and then print-out to be taken. Hand written Biodata will not be accepted.
· Candidates should come with a valid NEGATIVE COVID-19 RT-PCR/ TrueNat/ CBNAAT Test Report (not older than 72 hours) before reporting to the Interview Venue. [Note: COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) will not be accepted].
- Candidates are required to produce the COVID-19 Declaration in the enclosed format at the time of Interview.
- Those who possess the required qualification as on 08.12.2021 only need to come for interview. Only passed candidates are eligible to appear the interview. Students awaiting for final result need not to visit NESAC.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidates.
- The selected candidates shall be posted at NESAC, Umiam but are also liable to be posted in any place in India at the discretion of Director, NESAC as and when required.
- The selected JRFs are encouraged to register for Ph.D from recognized universities and take up relevant research topic benefitting the individual and NESAC. However they have to work extra time to complete the Ph.D research. No leave is admissible for Ph.D work.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained.
- 08.12.2021 will be cut-off date for all purposes like age, qualification, etc.
- The prescribed experience, if any, should be after acquiring the essential qualification.
- Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
- No TA/DA shall be paid for attending the interview.
· Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women
candidates are encouraged to appear the Inteview.
It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complies with the requirements and adheres to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.
|DATE FOR DETERMINING THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL CANDIDATES IN EVERY RESPECT SHALL BE THE DATE OF WALK-IN-INTERVIEW. THE APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO FILL IN ALL THEIR PARTICULARS IN THE BIODATA FORMAT CAREFULLY.|
|CANDIDATES AT T E N D I N G T H E W AL K – I N – INTERVIEW WILL HAVE TO PRODUCE ALL RELEVANT ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS IN PROOF OF DETAILS FURNISHED IN THE BIODATA ALONG WITH A SET OF SELF-ATTESTED PHOTOCOPIES. CANDIDATES WHO ARE ALREADY EMPLOYED UNDER CENTRAL/STATE GOVERNMENT, PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS OR AUTONOMOUS BODIES WILL ALSO HAVE TO PRODUCE THE ‘NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE’, IN ORIGINAL, AT THE TIME OF THE WALK-IN-INTERVIEW. IN CASE THE CANDIDATE FAILS TO PRODUCE ANY OF THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS OR IF ANY INFORMATION FURNISHED IN THE APPLICATION IS FOUND TO BE WRONG OR FALSE, THE CANDIDATE WILL NOT BE INTERVIEWED.|
For Similar RS and GIS Jobs: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai
|Job Category||Geo-informatics, Govt GIS Jobs, RS and GIS|