Recruitment of Junior Research Fellow
The National Centre for Earth Science Studies (NCESS) functioning under Earth System Sciences Organization (ESSO), Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India focuses on four core research areas viz. Crustal Processes, Coastal Processes, Atmospheric Processes and Natural Resources and Environmental Management. ESSO-NCESS invites applications from eligible aspirants to pursue doctoral and postdoctoral research in the frontier areas of earth system sciences.
The research problems can be chosen from various branches of Earth System Sciences, including Igneous Petrology, Metamorphic Petrology, Sedimentology, Paleomagnetism, Fluid inclusions, Geomorphology, Quaternary Geology, Paleoclimate, Geochemistry, Tectonic Geomorphology, Isotope Geology, Hydrogeology, Coastal Processes, Oceanography, GIS, Remote sensing, Natural Hazards and Cloud microphysics. NCESS offers advanced facilities and expertise on these disciplines.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
This is applicable to CSIR-UGC NET-JRF qualified candidates and for candidates having DST INSPIRE Fellowship. Such candidates will draw fellowship from CSIR/UGC/DST but will be working in NCESS.
Date of Application: Applications will be received throughout the year.
Date of Interview: Interviews will be held twice or thrice a year, usually after the date of declaration of NET CSIR-UGC results. Shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview for which they will be paid for 2nd/Sleeper Class Train/Bus fare.
Remuneration: Rs. 25,000/- p.m. consolidated plus admissible HRA, Leave and other benefits for initial two years, and Rs. 28,000/- p.m. consolidated plus admissible HRA and other benefits during subsequent year/s subject to satisfactory performance. Sufficient contingent grant for supporting field work etc. will also be provided during the tenure of the fellowship.
Age Limit: Not exceeding 28 years as on 30.09.2015
Essential Qualification: 1st class M.Sc./M.Tech. Degree in Earth System Sciences or related field with valid CSIR-UGC NET qualification for JRF.
Tenure of Fellowship: Initially, the fellowship will be for a maximum period of 03 years. Continuance during this period will depend on satisfactory performance. Thereafter, the fellowship is likely to be extended for one year depending upon the performance and review of work. Extension will not be granted beyond 04 years except in exceptional cases.
Registration for Ph.D.: The selected candidates will be required to register for a Ph.D. degree after completion of the course work within a year from the date of joining. Therefore, only the candidates who are seriously motivated for doing Ph.D. need apply.
- The qualifications mentioned are the minimum requirements. The Institute reserves the right to short list the candidates based on their qualification, experience and publications etc.
- The number of positions can increase or decrease depending upon the actual needs. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any position if no suitable candidates are available. The Institute reserves the right to prepare a panel of candidates and fill the positions falling vacant or the positions in the sponsored projects during the validity of panel.
- Maximum five (05) years of age relaxation for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST category/ women candidates/ physically handicapped persons, and three (03) years for the candidates belonging to the OBC category will be allowed. To avail the age relaxation attested copies of caste certificates MUST be attached to the application form.
- The prescribed application format for the positions of JRF can be downloaded from the website. Interested candidates should submit an ink signed copy of application on the prescribed form only, failing which the application will be liable to be rejected.
- Attested copies in support of educational qualifications, experience etc. MUST be submitted with the application.
- In case of SC/ST/OBC category students attested copy of caste certificate MUST be enclosed with the application.
- All applications should mention e-mail id and contact telephone number of the applicant.
(ix) Completed applications along with enclosures should be sent to the Director, National Centre for Earth Science Studies, Akkulam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – 695011.
For further queries, if any, you may contact: [email protected]
Download Official Notification: Click Here
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- GIS Jobs in Bangalore
- GIS Jobs in Hyderabad/ Secunderabad
- GIS Jobs in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida
- GIS Jobs in Mumbai/Maharashtra
- GIS Jobs in Kolkata
- GIS Jobs in Pune
- GIS Jobs in Chennai
|Job Category||Earth Science, RS and GIS|