- Organization: INDIAN INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT – KERALA
- Location: IIITM-K, TECHNOPARK, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM 695 581
- Deadline: 30 April 2022
Job Description (Junior Research Fellow)
Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management – Kerala [IIITM-K] is a postgraduate autonomous academic Institute established by the Government of Kerala. The Institute is actively involved in postgraduate education, research, and R&D in the areas of Information Technology, like Machine Learning, Blockchain, Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Geoinformatics, Agri-Informatics, etc. For more information about the institute please visit the website, www.iiitmk.ac.in.
IIITM-K invites applications from prospective candidates with the following qualification and experience for the post of Junior Research Fellow (one) for a period of 6 months, for the research project, Assessment of carbon storage and floral diversity of sacred groves in three districts of Southern Kerala supported by technology-assisted information management, funded by the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India. The qualification and other details are given below.
|Position||Qualifications and Remuneration|
|Junior Research Fellow (1 post) Job Code: JRF/042022/101||Qualification: Masters Degree in Geoinformatics\GIS\Remote Sensing with first class from a recognized university. Essential: Proficient in GIS and Remote Sensing Concepts.Familiar with Satellite Data Products [satellite/sensor/wavelength/resolution]Experienced image processing, spatial modeling, and analysisExperienced in field data collectionGood Communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment. Desirable: Having qualified NET\GATE\INSPIREExperience in using GIS and Image processing in forestry applications Remuneration: Rs. 28,000/- p.m. + HRA Age Limit: Below 30 years as on the date of notification.|
How to Apply:
Applications shall be submitted online on or before 30 April 2022. The application can be had from www.iiitmk.ac.in/careers. Applications received thereafter shall not be entertained. The candidates must bring all original certificates/testimonials at the time of the interview. The date and time of the interview will be intimated on mobile/email. The candidates are, therefore, advised to check their email regularly after the last date of receipt of the application. The final selection will be based on a written test and interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
OTHER TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The full-time contract appointment will be initially for a period of 6 months. However, the term may be extendable based on the performance, project requirements, and fund availability.
- The candidate must ensure that he/she possesses the required qualifications and experience for the post.
- If the documents submitted by any candidate are found incorrect/false at the time of the interview, his/her candidature will stand canceled. If any shortcomings are detected after the appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
- IIITMK has the right to reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage and the decision of IIITMK will be final.
- IIITMK has the right to reject the entire selection/advertisement procedure at any stageand the decision of IIITMK shall be final in this regard.
- No TA/DA shall be provided to the shortlisted candidates.
Download Official Detailed Notification: Click Here
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
|Job Category||Geo-informatics, Govt GIS Jobs, RS and GIS|