- Organization: Geocgi, LLC
- Location: Stavanger, Norway
- Req. 1067
Job Description (GIS Specialist):
At geocgi, a GIS Specialist is a technical hands-on manager and consultant responsible for designing and delivering geospatial solutions for our clients. This position uses technical management and GIS skills to develop geospatial products, provide technical leadership, and support our clients with innovative and technically sound solutions. The GIS Specialist is responsible for requirements gathering, planning, design, implementation, and compliance. The candidate will support the NATO Joint Warfare Centre Scenario Branch / Exercise Production Division / Exercise Training and Innovation Directorate, on-site in Stavanger, Norway.
The candidate will execute the responsibilities of a GIS Specialist supporting Defense Geospatial Programs, which include:
Coordinate with the customer and staff across disparate geographies and time zones to ensure requirements are met and the team works toward a single shared goal.
- Apply enterprise design methodology and best practices to define business, application, data, and infrastructure solution approaches, recommendations, and technical requirements.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for geospatial products, procedures, and systems.
- Manage multiscale map production pipeline that generates NATO standard cartographic products for multiple products and multiple projects.
- Conduct reviews, assessments, and document recommendations in reports, presentations, and white papers.
- Review existing geospatial capabilities and provide recommendations, considerations, and improvements in design, operational performance, and application and system enhancements.
- Possess a strong understanding of IT concepts, methodologies, hardware, and software, including web services, RDBMS, and storage technologies.
- Automate data management procedures with established best-practices for security enhancing accessibility for users with a need to know.
- Communicate standards, methods, quality assurance/control procedures, project progress, and metrics.
- Lead team initiatives and pilot projects to determine, design, develop, test, and implement innovative strategies for improved service delivery.
- Transform vector and raster data in accordance with required standards and driven by the needs of exercise and scenario planners.
The following are requirements of the potential candidate:
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field
- Five (5) years of experience, of which a minimum of three (3) years must be specialized in managing, planning, executing, and monitoring/controlling of GIS projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Esri Software, Portal for ArcGIS, Python, MS SQL Server 2014
- Experience with DoD/NATO standard map product types.
- NATO Secret Clearance or equivalent.
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the potential candidate:
- 5+ years’ designing, implementing, and/or administrating Esri GIS solutions/systems
- Certifications (GISP, Esri, Microsoft, PMP)
- Experience with cloud and hybrid-cloud enterprise geospatial systems in Azure or AWS
- Experience with multiscale map production workflows with an emphasis on complex representational models
- Experience with Esri’s Production Mapping Extension for ArcGIS Desktop and Server
- Administration of ArcGIS Server, and Portal for ArcGIS
- Publishing and usage of REST and web services
- Geodatabase management, geoprocessing, automation, modeling and analysis
- Scripting and querying with Python, T-SQL, SQL, PL/SQL, or other RDBMS tools
- Ability to work independently and proactively to take initiative to solve complex problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to apply. We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.
For Similar GIS Jobs: Click Here
|Job Category||Computer Science, Geography, RS and GIS|