- Organization: Bay County
- Salary: $57,262.40 – $99,819.20 Annually
- Location: Bay County, FL
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Department: Geographical Information Systems Division
- Job Number: 1470
- Closing: Continuous
Job Description (GIS Senior Developer)
Nature of Work
This high-level position functions as a member of the GIS Team in the development and maintenance of the County’s Enterprise Geographic Information System (EGIS). Working in conjunction with Division goals and guidelines, the GIS Senior Developer works with various county and municipal departments to ensure that their needs for GIS information and services are met on an ongoing basis. Duties are performed under the direction of the GIS Division Manager.Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the creation, analysis, and maintenance of various spatial databases and applications utilizing Esri ArcGIS.
- Manages geodatabase monitoring, administration, configuration, tuning, performance and maintenance functions for the SQL Server/ArcSDE database, and any associated web servers for the GIS group and Enterprise Mapping System.
- Designs, creates, modifies, and manages GIS applications including administration of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Portal.
- Creates and maintains automated geo-processing tools and scripts utilizing ModelBuilder and Python.
- Maintains hosted ArcGIS Data and Applications via Amazon AWS.
- Administers ArcGIS Enterprise Geodatabases stored within Microsoft SQL Server.
- Troubleshoots system problems related to functioning of mapping systems.
- Coordinates with Information Services staff to ensure systems are backed up and configured to provide optimal output.
- Designs and provides recommendations for software and hardware architecture and database design for GIS based applications.
- Establishes & manage ArcGIS users/roles, GIS Content management etc.
- Provides geospatial support to other city agencies including data development, analysis, on-line maps, ETL processes, and setup of field data collection apps.
- Produces standard and custom maps using ArcGIS Pro software.
- Evaluates and recommends new and additional GIS Software.
- Regular reliable full-time attendance as scheduled.
- The employer may add to or change duties at any time and as determined by the County and its leaders to best ensure that the public is served through the work of the Department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent coursework from an accredited college or university in GIS, Geography, Information System Management or a closely related field with major course work in GIS, or equivalent academic credentials related to the field of GIS. A Master’s degree is desirable.
- At least five (5) years of work experience utilizing Esri ArcGIS GIS in the development and maintenance of a multi-user Geographic Information System (GIS).
- At least three (5) years utilizing ESRI ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server and ArcSDE software, and related databases including MS SQL Server.
- Must maintain good interpersonal and communication skills to deal with public.
- Must be able to speak, write, and comprehend English language.
- A comparable amount of training and/or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) preferred.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Florida driver license upon offer of employment with a driving record acceptable to the County Driving Policy and insurance program.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of ESRI’s ArcGIS Enterprise Environment, Geographic Information System technology and terminology
- Extensive knowledge in computer mapping including geodetic control, naming conventions, attribute data, layering schemes and technical specifications of digital maps
- Proficiency in database management: create, edit, update, join, append and query data from spatial and non-spatial relational databases.
- Proficiency in authoring Python scripts and creating models in ArcGIS ModelBuilder for automation of routines and geoprocessing.
- Good presentation and speaking skills.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills to deal with public.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expertise in the use of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential.
- Advanced-level proficiency using ArcGIS 10.x software suite.
- Advanced-level proficiency using ArcGIS Pro.
- Advanced-level proficiency using Microsoft Office Professional Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, division and department heads, public/private sector contacts, and County Administration.
- Ability to function well in a team environment.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Ability to utilize personal computers, standard office equipment and standard software applications such as word processors, database software, spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to operate a variety of devices such as scanners, printers, and large format plotters.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Work is primarily performed in an indoor, climate-controlled environment and is nearly absent from disagreeable elements (e.g., irate customer, extreme noise, heat, odors, heights and/or dust).
This is primarily office work requiring limited physical effort. This position requires stooping, crouching, walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, hearing, visual acuity (i.e. seeing up close, seeing far away, depth perception), kneeling, reaching, pushing, talking, standing, climbing, finger movement, repetitive motions. Frequent lifting of 10 to 15lbs; occasional lifting of up to 25lbs, and may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Human Resources Department
840 W. 11th Street
Panama City, Florida, 32401 Phone 850-248-8201
Download Official Detailed Notification: Click Here
- For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- Government GIS Jobs in Canada
- PhD and Post-Doctoral Positions in Remote Sensing and GIS
|Job Category||Geo-informatics, Geomatics|