- Organization: SATURN POWER INC.
- Location: Baden, ON, Canada (Remote)
Job Description (GIS Project Manager jobs)
Saturn Power is focused on the development, engineering, financing, construction, and operation of solar PV, energy storage, and wind power projects with capacities from 1MW to 100MW in Canada, USA, and internationally.
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic GIS Project Manager eager to apply sophisticated mapping, strong organizational skills, and creative solutions to increase the efficiency of our renewable power project development initiatives and engineering and construction efforts. The individual should share Saturn Power’s key operating philosophies of being a dedicated steward of the land, fostering-lasting relationships, and supporting environmentally positive projects that benefit all stakeholders involved.
Reporting to the Director, Land Procurement & Project Origination, the daily duties of the GIS Project Manager shall include:
· Create interactive maps for various Project Development teams showing environmental and infrastructure layers to assess the viability of land for solar and storage projects.
· Collaborate with Energy Storage Development Team and develop a storage siting model to identify optimal substations based on nodal metrics and variables given by subject matter experts.
· Illustrate and showcase the geographic analysis of siting the best possible land for target markets using custom programming functions and various data sources.
· Develop and format the geographic siting database for storage and business development.
· Reformat and visualize energy storage market data to allow for more informed decision-making by Development Team, especially using nodal pricing data from 3rd party.
· Inventory various mapping tools and their function/purpose for various teams
· Assess data available for purchase and present a business case for purchasing versus limitations if not purchasing.
· Manage mapping tool licenses/subscriptions and inventory budget and value-add annually.
· Utilize mapping software to calculate buildable area on subject property based on publicly available layers and constraints in a scalable/repeatable format.
· Create a guidance document outlining the site selection procedure using GIS tools and limitations for each market.
· Establish a collaborative relationship with Engineering and Construction/Operations and Asset Management Teams and provide support in new and innovative areas, where necessary.
· Present CAD drawings of project sites in GIS figures
· Identify best tool for viewing site maps with mobile phones for field staff.
· Evaluate and present business case for utilizing drone surveys (visual photos/videos and topo data) for assessing land, documenting progress on construction sites and monitoring operating solar sites.
· Integrate mapping with CRM information and status of Leads/Opportunities.
· Participate in Project Development activities such a critical risk analyses, permitting activities, consultant management, and stakeholder consultation.
· Create, collect, maintain, manipulate, and present data using ArcGIS and Google Earth for lands required to host renewable power projects (i.e., legal property data, environmental constraints, zoning, geotechnical conditions, soil quality, etc)
· Use publicly available data to interpret transmission and distribution power line route mapping and line capacity.
· Define and document GIS standards including style and quality control procedures.
· Create and maintain research spreadsheets and/or databases containing geographically and historically relevant information.
· Coordinate GIS-related activities between multiple departments.
· Support Land Acquisition Team with land information requests and track progress on land signing activities.
· Create attractive but accurate graphical maps for use in public open houses, newsletters, website and other public materials.
· In future, expectation will be to mentor Junior GIS Technician(s) to help Saturn Power build additional GIS capacity.
· GIS Diploma or University education specializing in GIS or equivalent experience and training.
· Minimum two (2) years’ experience using ArcGIS Pro, Web AppBuilder, Python and other software products for mapping and analysis-.
· Excellent data management and cartographic skills and ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings.
· Working knowledge of operational forestry, utilities, or other natural resource-based mappings.
· Experience with web-based and mobile mapping technologies.
· Capability to work under pressure with a sense of urgency while prioritizing workload
· Creative problem solver and ability to work independently.
· Friendly, patient, and collaborative working style
About SATURN POWER INC.:
Our team is committed to developing utility-scale solar projects that meet the needs and specifications of each individual proposal. Our comprehensive solar strategy requires a thorough analysis of the various markets and programs available for development. We also work diligently to assess the needs of stakeholders while working to establish a long-term connection between our technology and the land. At Saturn Power, we employ a diverse, dedicated and knowledgeable team of experts who rely on their extensive skills and innovative strategies to suit the specific needs of each project. With our proven track record in the solar industry, Saturn Power is confident in our ability to develop, construct and operate large scale solar projects across the globe.
Company website: http://www.saturnpower.com
Company address: 140 Foundry Street
- GIS project manager jobs – on GISvacancy.com
- Renewable energy project manager -on GISvacancy.com
- GIS specialist jobs Canada -on GISvacancy.com
- Renewable energy GIS jobs -on GISvacancy.com
- GIS manager jobs Canada -on GISvacancy.com
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- Government GIS Jobs in Canada
- PhD and Post-Doctoral Positions in Remote Sensing and GIS
- Other Country
|Job Category||Geo-informatics, Geomatics, RS and GIS, Solar Power|