Posted 2 years ago
- Location: Development, Anna, TX 75409
- Department: PW Admin
- Job Status: Not Specified
- Shift: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
- Rate of Pay: $66,403.39 – $83,004.24
- Position Type: Permanent
- Status: Open Until Filled
Job Description (GIS Manager):
|GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION|
Under general supervision of the Public Works Director, the GIS Manager will act as the manager for GIS Staff, direct the growth and operation of the GIS program, support the administration of the GIS geodatabase, software, and related technologies, oversee the input and editing of data, and administer tasks for daily work and projects. Although this position will not yet supervise others, due to the significant expected growth, the candidate will be responsible for all duties and for assigning them to new staff as the department grows.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 2 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Possesses valid Texas Class “C” license when hired.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
GIS Certifications- including Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) Certification.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
1. Oversee the creation, input, editing, and maintenance of data.
2. Administer and maintain the GIS system including regular maintenance.
3. Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of all City maps.
4. Provide staff support with all ESRI products and maps.
5. Oversee the use of GPS units and assist with post-correction of data.
6. Creates and maintains documentation on all systems, business processes, policies, and training material.
7. Supervises, directs, and evaluates all future GIS Staff including collaborating with HR for the recruitment and hiring process of future GIS Staff.
8. Research and create recommendations on future infrastructure and upgrades.
9. Assists with planning the budget to accommodate the future growth and needs of the City.
10. Collaborates with departments and other stakeholders to find ways to integrate GIS into their current business processes to improve their operation, make tasks easier, and find better solutions for their varying needs.
11. Respond to inquiries and resolves complaints from the public.
12. Assists with coverage of Planning positions and tasks as necessary.
13. Attends conferences and training as necessary to stay current with industry trends, to maintain relationships with GIS professionals, and to maintain and improve industry knowledge and skills.
14. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
|The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.|
Moderate diversity, low physical. Work activities which allow for a moderate amount of diversity in the performance of tasks which are not as varied as those positions with high-level diversity and decision-making.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus
The City of Anna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Job Category||Govt GIS Jobs|