- Organization: S&P Global Platts
- The Role: GIS Analyst, Platts GIS Geospatial
- Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India [Temporary WFH Setup until further notice]
- Grade: 7
- Job ID: 266944
- Posted On: 2021-10-27
Job Description (GIS Analyst, Platts GIS Geospatial)
The Team: Platts GIS team works on combination of GIS data layers related to commodities such as Natural Gas, Oil, NGL, and Power markets to power the market analysis. Team is based out of India and US offices.
The Impact: Platts Geospatial offers GIS data representing energy infrastructure in N. America, Europe and globally. Our GIS data sets feed into S&P Global Platts products in a variety of web mapping applications, cartographic editorial content, and GIS data sales.
What’s in it for you: You will use your skills/specialties as well as your experiences to work upon different tools or GIS software that can help in improving our products. You will be responsible for analyzing and developing geographical data, working collaboratively with other staff members, and communicating GIS concepts to non-GIS users.
The Platts GIS Data are the market standard for energy industry analysis and location intelligence, enabling users to increase market intelligence, perform competitive benchmarking, site selection, and other business critical tasks.
To be successful as a geospatial analyst, you should be prepared to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment. A top-notch geospatial analyst should have excellent research, collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Captures comprehensive information on the data tracked by the department.
- Keeps up to date in knowledge of content sets. Builds industry knowledge.
- Review’s feedback involving their content to help correct errors and establish or refine procedures and processes to improve accuracy.
- Troubleshoots problems or issues and provides meaningful feedback to co-workers.
- Analyzing spatial data through the use of mapping software.
- Creating “shapefiles” to merge topographical data with external data by layering external data over a topographical map.
- Converting physical maps into a digital form for computer usage.
- Performing data munging and cleaning to convert data into its desired form.
What We’re Looking For:
- Masters in GIS and Remote Sensing / Geoinformatics or equivalent.
- 0-1 year of industrial experience.
- Knowledge of ESRI GIS software, such as ArcGIS Desktop and extensions, Geoprocessing Tools, and GIS data management, etc.
- Prior knowledge of GIS tools and systems (e.g. ArcGIS) is required.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to collaborate across multiple cultures.
- Strong focus on data quality, attention to details, process- and results-oriented
- Experience on research or data collection is a plus
- SQL and advanced Excel skills are an advantage
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (“the Policy”) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy’s requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), DTMGOP203 – Entry Professional (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)
|Job Category||Geo-informatics, RS and GIS|