- Location: North Carolina, USA
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
We are a global leader in environmental consulting – made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood’s Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder – with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change. As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Mid-Level GIS Analyst for our Durham, NC office. The following locations will also be considered: Charlotte, NC. Be involved in projects with our Geospatial Technologies Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. This position will be responsible for supporting our FEMA Production and Technical Services contract as well as other water, civil, transportation and environmental clients, as part of a dynamic results-oriented team, in response to our clients’ requirements. Our successful candidates will have experience working with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro and Online applications, enterprise-level databases, and mobile applications supporting the FEMA National Flood Insurance Program and other federal, state and local government clients.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Fulfill geospatial analyses, mapping and online application requests for internal and external clients
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding/knowledgebase of geospatial topics and best practices including projections, data management and version control, spatial analysis techniques, linear referencing, editing features, field data collection techniques, and 3D GIS tools
- Develop customized scripts using Python, ESRI Modelbuilder or other means to streamline work processes
- Oversee the collection and organization of geospatial data
- Work with project managers and clients to identify project needs
- Help guide a team of other GIS Analysts within WSP’s Geospatial Technologies Team to support projects across multiple industries and engineering sciences.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, environmental sciences, planning, or other related field with exposure to GIS applications
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in GIS using Esri ArcGIS applications supporting the National Flood Insurance Program or similar floodplain management clients
- Experience working with ESRI tools including Advanced Editing, Geocoding, Georeferencing, Raster Calculators, Topology, Labeling, and Data Driven Pages
- Excellent problem solving, time management and verbal/written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with external and internal clients of varying levels of computer literacy
- Be a team player with ability to work within tight deadlines for multiple projects
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and self-disciplined in order to organize time and work efficiently in a face-paced and exciting consulting environment
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources, and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and harassment policies
- Experience working on projects supporting the National Flood Insurance Program, FEMA and/or FEMA Cooperating Technical Partners
- Experience with the FEMA DFIRM Database and Data Capture Standards process
- Basic to advanced experience with FEMA’s Hazus Loss Estimation Application
- Experience with Esri mobile applications (Collector, Field Maps, Survey123) for GPS data collection
- Working knowledge, or willingness to learn Esri products such as ArcGIS Web Apps, StoryMaps, and Experience Builder
- A knowledge of Enterprise-Level Databases and applications (ArcGIS Enterprise), ArcGIS Online, and database connections and how they can be used in desktop and mobile mapping environments
- Experience working with data in both Microsoft Excel and Access
- Working knowledge of Python scripting environment to automate tasks and workflows
- Cartographic skills that depict a clear understanding of map composition and symbology principles with the ability to produce maps for reports, meetings, posters, web mapping etc.
- Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP) and/or Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) certification is preferred, but not required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 10%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: DURHAM – STIRRUP CREEK DR
- All locations: US-NC-Charlotte
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
For more GIS Job Vacancies: Click Here
- Government GIS Jobs in India
- Government GIS Jobs in Canada
- PhD and Post-Doctoral Positions in Remote Sensing and GIS
|Job Category||Civil Engineering, Geo-informatics, RS and GIS|