- Organization: fRI Research
- Location: Hinton, AB, Canada
- Closing Date: October 7th , 2021, 1600 hours, MST
Job Description (GIS Analyst):
The GIS Analyst reports to the GIS Manager. This position provides GIS analysis, GIS support and data management to fRI Research staff, programs, and associations.
- The successful applicant will be:
- Supporting fRI Research staff with geospatial capabilities and capacity to conduct their research and analysis;
- Creating and maintaining GIS scripts, models, tools and workflows to meet user requirements in data loading, editing, conversion, modeling and analysis;
- Identifying, acquiring, and managing new relevant data sources;
- Customizing and maintaining databases to manage field data from multiple sources; and
- Providing support for cartographic and visual design on high quality map production and online content.
Essential Job Qualifications
- Successful completion of a Technical diploma in GIS from a reputed educational institute;
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in natural resource sciences or related field;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience using GIS as a GIS Technician, Specialist or Analyst;
- Highly proficient with ArcGIS 10.x Desktop and ArcGIS Professional 2.x
- Working understanding of other ESRI products such as ArcGIS Online and mobile applications;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to translate research questions and needs to solutions;
- Ability to convert data from multiple sources;
- Ability to work with GPS data and mobile technology for data collection;
- Strong skills in database design, customization and management to manage all aspects of data
- collection, querying, summarization, and distribution;
- Understanding of optical and LiDAR remote sensing;
- Experience with Google Earth Engine;
- Working knowledge of web development;
- Experience providing technical support to other users of GIS;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to deal with multiple ongoing projects, shifting
- priorities and working with tight deadlines;
- Highly motivated and able to work both independently and with a multi-disciplinary team;
- Creative, original and have attention to detail to effectively convey research information; and
- Strong oral, written, and electronic communication skills.
Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Our head office is located in Hinton, AB. Our preference would be for the successful candidate to work from our head office, but remote-work arrangements will be considered for the right candidate.
$56,000 to $61,000 annually, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
fRI Research offers a comprehensive medical/dental benefits plan and a matching RRSP program.
October 7th, 2021, 1600 hours, MST
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
- Julie Duval, GIS Manager, email@example.com
- Subject line: “fRI Research Employment Opportunity – GIS Analyst”
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Official Notification: Download
Similar GIS Jobs: Click here
|Job Category||RS and GIS|