Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh McLennan Global Services India Private Limited (MMGS) is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Mumbai, India office:
What can you expect?
- The Analyst will work within the Analytics Solutions team of Marsh Advisory, reporting to the Team Manager.
- He/she will be responsible for reviewing and delivering client specific analytics solutions in support of cat modelling with the goal of positioning Marsh ahead of its competitors in this area.
What is in it for you?
- A clear career path with a hybrid of technical track and management track to grow in the company.
- In the technical track, the candidate will be developing sophisticated analytics skill sets in assessing financial implications due to natural catastrophe risks.
- In the management track, the candidate will develop skills sets in business and sales strategy, communications with clients, leading and designing internal and external training and marketing campaigns.
We will count on you to:
- Conduct checks and edits on client-supplied data. Produce a detailed exposure profiling.
- Run analyses using catastrophe models like RMS and AIR to estimate potential cat losses.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the models and understand model uncertainties.
- Understand the construction types and it’s propensity to damage due to natural calamities.
- Analyse exposures and modeling results in relation to clients’ insurance / reinsurance purchases.
- Provide modelled loss outputs in various forms. Interpret and explain modeling results to colleagues, brokers, clients and other parties.
- Work on ad hoc projects as and when required.
- Maintain a regular positive feedback from stakeholder
- Proactive interaction with stakeholders on modelling requirements and ad-hoc requests
- Provide insights and process improvement ideas to enhance the efficiency of the process
- Contribute 20% of the time on CAT R&D projects
What you need to have:
Degree in Engineering (preferably in Civil) or related fields.
0-2 years of experience that incorporates the following areas:
- Working knowledge of CAT models – specifically with established industry models (RMS, AIR etc.) on a regional or global basis across the major perils
- Working knowledge of stochastic modeling, SQL and geospatial mapping tools like ArcGIS will be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge on basics of Insurance.
- Client and project delivery experience – demonstrated ability to present, communicate, and deliver technical content to internal stakeholders and external clients on complex subject matter
- Collaboration experience – working in multi-disciplinary teams of risk engineers, actuaries, catastrophe modelers, brokers, and renewable industry experts will be an additional plus
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. We have more than 30,000 colleagues working together to serve our clients in more than 130 countries. About Marsh:
- We provide risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations and individuals around the world.
- Comprehensive global expertise – 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices.
- We serve 80% of the Fortune Global 500 and 85% of the Fortune Global 100.
- Our extensive global footprint spans approximately 500 offices worldwide.
What is salary analyst?
Approx. 80K to 1.5Lakh in India
What skills do you need to be a GIS analyst?
Well-versed in mapping through GIS software, programming and deep learning to analyze geospatial data and design digital maps according to user requirement
What are the key responsibilities of GIS analyst?
Satellite data interpretation, Data analysis and mapping.
How much experience needed for GIS analyst Post?
Generally, it is about 5 to 6 years, but it varies according to employers.